Cloudy Water

Guest jamoko

Guest jamoko

Two weeks ago i had to buy a new tank as my old one developed a leak, i went for a Juwel trigon 190. I only have 4 fish in the tank and the water is very cloudy (looks like white fog) i have used accu-clear about 4 times now and it clears it but within 48hrs the problem is reappearing. I have been testing the water with aquavital multisticks and all test results are perfect. I cant understand what's causing it as i had crystal clear water in my old tank....what should i do?

Jude :krazy:

every new aquarium develops this white fog and is a bacterial bloom. it may take a few weeks to clear so you will need to be patient. :)

Guest Cyan
:) Thats really interesting, i changed my tank to a larger one about a month ago and suffered from cloudy water and white fluffy stuff. the tank is also bare bottom so trying to clean it has been a nightmare. its getting better and i would recommend accu-clear, but i recently bought a magnetic glass cleaner. you put one side of the magnet into the tank and move it around, using the other side on the outside of the tank. it eliminates the white fog sticking to the glass and you dont get wet! theyre BRILLIANT! and well worth the ?4 it cost!!!!!

Guest Cyan
:) Thanks sandy- but what pic are you talking about?? Im having some problems trying to create a signature of my fish pics. Also i have put some pics in may album, and it is rated public viewing, but i dont know how to view anyone elses albums.(thanks for info on melafix!!!)

cant see any pic now, all i see is 3 boxes with red crosses. you had one of the gold and black from underneath in your sig it was really pretty.

Guest jamoko

Thanks for the replies! in desperation i did a 75% water change last night and the tank looks a bit clearer now but still cloudy! i bought new very fine grit like grey gravel when setting up the tank and spent a hour standing running it through a sieve under the tap. the water ran from black to clear when i was washing it so i thought i'd got it pretty clean. When i changed the water last night i used the gravel cleaner and plooms of white fog where rising up the gravel cleaner and the water was a real murky brown in the buckets. do you think i should keep up the water changes in an attempt to clear the problem or change my polywool in the filter more than the recommened once a week as it was also black when i replaced it last night!

Jude :krazy:

i still get the dust from my gravel vacs and its been running since last september.

i wouldnt do too much in the way of vacs as your filter needs to cycle and constanly changing the water wont help. you will have to sit and wait for it to clear and change the poly wool as often as it seems fit to do so. it will clear - honest :)

with fish in the tank get water tests done regularly for ammonia,nitrite,nitrate and ph to make sure the ammonia and nitrite especially dont get out of control.

Archived