Petco, Petsmart, Walmart ....

Every day there seems to be a new horror story relating to one of the above stores and their treatment of fish. I don't know about anyone else but I think I've got the message. Enough already, p-l-e-a-s-e. :please

i agree annette. if you dont like a store then vote with your feet. we have a big chain in this country but instead of coming here to whinge i dont go into it, simple. :)

I know ... I forget that you guys haven't seen these posts before but every now and again we get a flood of them. Hang around long enough and you'll see what I mean. ;)

Guest jmp6161987

I just thought I'd add a good comment about a fish store. For those of you near Norwalk Ct, if anyone is, there is a store called the Norwalk Aquarium, (not the meritime center...this is an actual store in case u do live around here) and they always take good care of their fish and other aquatic animals. The owners are mainly the only people hwo work their and they are really nice. Rarely do i see a truly overcrowded tank (except the feeders of course and bare in mind they are a pet store) and all their suggestions about keeping my fish have been right on with anything I've heard from this site or have researched or developed from my own experience. The good stores are out there, you just have to find them as I'm sure most of us have!

Those stores do sell fish related items....testing kits, food, equipment, etc. If you can not look at the tanks...I know it is very hard to do but.... those stores can still be useful in a pinch.

mmm was the only place that had small bags of river rock that I wanted for my new tank as well as the Aquarium Pham Ammonia testing kit. None of the other stores in my area, including my fav lfs, had these items when I needed them.

• Admin

For one yes this is getting very annoying to see this store is bad at that and fish are dieing. Please like stated before stop....

Also This can be a problem for me in a legal issue, From this time on if a post is posted like

mmm or vvvv fish were bad, it will be deleted upon see it...Thanks

how about instead of complaining here, we all just call the customer concern numbers posted all over the stores....

thats what i do anywho...

:)

Sorry about all the complaing about the stores.....Now I feel bad :( But I guess maybe what some of were trying to do was to voice our opnions here and maybe find others that felt the same way also or had maybe expeirnced some of the same things, Not just with fish either

So my apologies go out......And I have said things directlty to people there and have spoken out so I have done all I can do to try to and make a small change....I think this kinda upsets me becuase I am involed in rescuing myself and if no one had spoken up about that some of these beautiful animals would not be in such good homes today. So that is why I was personally trying to speak out.

One more thing I overlooked, I never thought that complaining about this on here would possibly get Koko into hot water!!! So yes now I do feel like a dumb ######.... (pardon my swearing here please) I feel bad about it but again just thought it would spark others to speak up also....Again sorry.

Please stop ganging up on us...koko made it clear now. :cry1

No-one is ganging up on anybody Della (and this thread wasn't aimed at anyone in particular). I think most members sympathise with your opinions and realise your motivation is from the heart ... but there is rule #6. This rule was put in place for the benefit of sensitive members and to prevent arguments and misunderstandings.

edit: and maybe enough has been said. Moderators feel free to close this thread anytime you fancy. :)

Yes I see your point.....I agree with you also, I didn't mean to come off as a you know what, I guess I was just upset when I last posted...

Sorry if I upset ne one on here and all my intentions were good ones all the way...So maybe your right maybe this thread should be closed out and that way it would avoid ne more miscommnications in the future..... :hug

nope not my intentions to sign up here and tell horror stories......trust me I have got way more good stories than sad ones!!!!!

Yes it's helpful to have others opionions but I never had a intent to get in here and share stories of saddness.....I mainly brought it up because someone else on here had the same exprerince I did a few days apart and I just found it strange considering that we live a long long ways apart!!

So this is the last time I am going to post about this one....for real this time, Once again sorry for any trouble, and I think I am going to agree with Annette can we please just get rid of this thread for good now??? :idont

It's funny, I was going to post separately about this, but having seen this thread I'll mention it in here. :)

I was at one of the UK's biggest fish stores over the weekend (Porton Pets and Aquatics in Wiltshire) and I was thrilled -THRILLED! - to see:

1. NO bowls for sale

2. A sign saying 'a filter must be purchased for all new tanks and we cannot supply any fish for unfiltered tanks'

3. A sign saying 'customers under 16 may not buy fish unless accompanied by an adult'

4. A sign saying 'we do not offer "feeder" fish for sale'

I was so impressed I almost jumped up and down shouting hallelujah! :D

:huh: Emma dear,Are you halucinating,or what??????? :lol: Well gee that certainly

is good to hear! I think that I would have passed out after reading all those great ssigns!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Yup!!!

Thanks for understanding.....If I knew it was gonna cause such a stir I would of kept my mouth shut :badidea

I was only trying to get out there and speak up guess we kinda did it in the wrong way...oh well you learn from your mistakes :crazy:

WOW...that is great that the petstore that you went to does that!!! What a good way to stop people from getting fish and not knowing what to do with them!! And also a good way to keep kids from going a buying fish also....One thing I don't get though is about the feeder fish...don't some other types of fish eat little ones? I suppose it's good too, there is a petstore I go to sometimes that doesn't sell feeder mice or rats...

I love it cause I feel bad all the time and wind up with another rat or something...Iguess I think I can save all??? :thumbup

Archived