I Got A Betta For Mothers Day!

BigRedandBlindWillie

LOL, this is my second betta this week, but this time, I didnt buy it. My fiance had went out to mmm, to just look around to see if anything caught his eye, for me. Well, he was looking in their goldfish tanks, and they had bettas in with them (which they shouldnt have in there, but when my fiance told her they shouldnt be in there, she swore up and down they were fine, and that they used to be in with the mollys, and coorporate office made them take them out because costumers were complaining, but the goldies were fine, because their just goldies :blink: ) ANYWAYS, he saw it, and just had to get it. Its completly black, with white and teal tips. Its sooo pretty. Ive never seen a black betta. He brought it home in a 7 gallon tank, with some pretty dark dark red plants in it. I was shocked. He had it all set up, and waiting for me.... LOL, I think he got it more for himself, because he wont stop looking at him, but hey, as long as hes starting to enjoy my addiction for fish... im all for it!!!!

:D Hey Congrats!!! Sounds like you have a winner there-Fiance & Betta!!! :lol: The Betta sounds stunning,you must show pics!!!! And a new tank to boot! Way to go Jessica,you did okay! ;)

Oh wow a black betta :heart , congrats id love to get a betta and a

tank as a gift. Well thats all good if his going addicted like you ?? lol

that just means more tanks and fish :D Congrats,

Alex

That's such a nice gift. Your betta sounds beautiful! Yeah, since he picked it out he will probably get hooked now. I think it's wonderful for him to go and pick out something that would mean so much to you. Enjoy your betta and Mother's day! :)

Awesome gift!! what a good idea too :rockon

And Happy mothers Day to all the moms out there!!! :flowers I didn't get a fish but I got my new tank all picked out, now I just have to go and get it...I actually got it from a freind, she has 5 30 gallons sitting in a shed!!!

I am pretty excited about it she is giving me filter and rocks and all that good stuff!! and she is a vet tech so whenever I need supplies she can get them at cost...YIPEE

I think I lucked out there!! Jessica your finace sounds like a keeper :wub: When are u getting married?

I knew I was posting for a reason.....duh.....I had a question, we are leaving this weekend and I wanted to know if I should leave the light on for one and two should I feed my fish those weekend feeders before we leave? We are going to be gone from Friday late afternoon to Sunday evening sometime prolly around 8 or 9....Thanks

Yeah, my fiance is a keeper. We plan on getting married next summer, in August. We are having an outdoor wedding, in the evening. Most people do it during the day, but Im not into that. I want to have really pretty lights, and maybe a nice fire going... and losts of flowers. Im soo excited. And our son will be 2 by then, and he'll be the ring barrer, with a cute little tux!!! hes going to look soooo cute!

Anyways, I just feed the betta before you leave, and just not feed him anything over the weekend. Every couple of weeks, I dont feed my betta for 1 or 2 days, to help clear his digestive system. They seem to bloaty if I feed them everyday. Also, I wouldnt keep the lights on all weekend. You can buy a timer for like $5 at fred meyers or targer... nnnnnn... some place like that. i got mine at freddies for $5 each, and they work great. If you dont want to get one of those, then i would just keep the lights off all weekend. Is there any light coming in the room where he is at? If so, im sure he will do just fine.

Hey......I don't have a betta I think I may of confused you :idont sorry bout that I have a black moor and a calico....I guess I would say that they would get a little light they are in our living room now so during the morning hours it's pretty sunny in here!!

Your wedding sounds beautiful.....I suppose we could chat bout that through e-mails I would love to know more details!! I think I will just go out and get a timer sounds like a good idea to me:)

LOL...could of been my fault too....I am tired tonight!! long weekend :zz

I feel so bad in the morning when I turn on their light and they come to the top and want to eat breakfast!!! :feedme

I guess I will give it a try though......dunno if I can do that...lol I am sooooo soft hearted. Maybe it will help keep the tank a little cleaner also???

Archived