One Of My Green Corys

I recently started a 10 gallon tank with three green corys to cycle it. The other day I noticed one of them was swimming in flips and twists then would lie in an arch on the bottom and woouldnt move. This continued for a day, and I consulted my dad. He said it would be best to put him to sleep. Sadly, Sapphire hit the freezer that morning :cry1

Could someone tell me what was wrong with him?

:( You should never really use cory's to cycle a tank.They shouldn't go into a tank until it's well established. Did you check water params through all of this ?Without number's I can only guess as to what the problems were. For your Dad being a vet Moorio,I'm kind of surprised that you ended the cory's life that quickly. :( How long has the tank been running now?

its been up for maybe a week and a half...i think i could look at the reciepts, but that would take too long to go find them ect ect. TWO WEEKS! yes, it was two weeks. Because it was a week before the fish show and the fish show was last week.

The fish was in pain, Devs. I only had to agree with him.

the other two are spick and span. I'm not sure if they are eating though....i see the food every morning on the bottom of the tank. I dont know if they nibble at it or not, I give the shrimp pellets and an occasional worm.

you need to get test kits and constantly monitor the results. sorry you had one die though, but as devs has said they are very sensitive to the water.

Guest jmp6161987

i agree with al of the above, cory's are hard...i bought three once (luckily was only charged for one) and 2 died right away...which means that after taking one back..the other was free...but it was still sad...i wante dthe fish...not the money.

Archived