Eggs?

Guest Esareh

Guest Esareh

I bought a new snail today at the LFS and I added it to the 10 gallon tank (im treating for fungis in my 29 gallon tank) And a half an hour later theres 5 roundish clear blobs with tanish/whiteish dots sprinkled throught. There were alot of babys in the tans my snail came out of. Could it be eggs? I hope so. Do i leave em in there? what do I do?

Guest Esareh
:unsure: Im slow and kinda dont remember.... Its an albino something. Im pretty sure there eggs. I lookes through a strong magnifing glass. It may be a rams horn. More importandly, are they fertilised? I have another snail in with it.

most rams are asexual, so theyre automatically fertale....

if theyre little gelly globs under water, then thats what they are...

the big bruiser snails lay thier eggs outta water, on the hood, or soemthing

Guest Esareh

All the eggs dissapeared! all of em that were fertilised anyway. did they hatch? ALLREADY!?!? i dont see anything. did my fish eat em? silly tator-tot...

Fish will gladly munch on snail eggs.

I'd be careful with the baby snails. You can get bazillions of them waaaaaay too quickly (especially in a ten gallon) if you're not careful, and then it's almost impossible to get rid of them entirely without completely cleaning out your tank. Hard to kill the eggs like that, since babies are sooo cute, but you may later regret not doing anything.

They usually take about a week to hatch, if I remember correctly....you fish may well have eaten them, which makes it easier on your part...you dont have to feel guilty squishing the eggs!

If you nip em in the bud now, you shouldnt get too overrun...just keep an eye out for those suckers!

Guest Esareh

well. theres only 1 clutch now. the empty one got fertileised. I think tatortot waits a few days untill the eggs are a little bigger than he eats em. guess he wants to be full! lol

Archived