New Tank

chelsea

ok, now my tank stand is painted and ready to go (thanks to Dear Old Dad hehe) soooo i think tomorrow i might get to go and look at tanks at nnnnnn (if they have any, that is) sooo. if i can get a set, what is the best set to get for a 20 gal (or hopefully a 29)? and if i cant get a set, (meaning i have to buy separately) what is the best price for a 20gal (or 29) , and a filter for it? any help would be appriciated as when i bought my 10 gal we rushed into the store at like, 8:57 pm, i had exactly $50.73....came out at 9:01pm, with 67cents left hehe so i wasnt really looking for the best type, more just looking for a plain old tank.

i got one of my 29 gal set ups from nooppee, for 88 dollars. then it went on clearance for 70. now they have virtually the same thing, in a different more updated box, for 98 bucks. also bought the same filter supplied with the set up, and doubled the filtration, which was an extra 30 dollars.

what i am gonna do is (b/c i cant set it up til friday) (and since i have the tank now) i took the cartridge to the new filter, and put it in my 10 gal, so that it gets bio bugs and stuff on it. then, when i set up the new tank, i will use that cartridge in the new filter. i am also going to put gravel in stockings and hang them in the new tank. i am also gonna use about 95% of the water from my 10 gal, and then add tap+dechlorinator water along with it. do you think if i do this, i can put my fish in the new tank on the same day i set it up? b/c where i have the 10 gal now is where the 29 gal is going to go....so i cant have them both running at once.

Guest Bunnylee

Sorry they will have to go in a bucket. Try to keep an airstone or the old filter on the bucket and make sure the bucket is big enough. I had to do the same when I had to strip my 29 gallon down to switch to a 40 gallon. The fish did just fine. They lived in the filtered 5 gallon bucket for 2 days. Just wanted to make sure that the tank was okay. No leaks or problems. Good luck with your new tank and congratulations!

omg its taking me forEVER to do it!!!! i started at 4:30 today, and now it is 7:15. the only thing i have done is the airlines are all hooked up and the background is on. but its not like i keep stopping or something- i am waitng for my dad to get home to find me some waterproof tape. knowing my luck, i'll have waited this long, and we wont have any. over and out. <_<

:happydance yay! its allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll done! and now, at 11 pm, i am sitting down for a bowl of cereal before bed. the gravel and the clay pots look marvelous together THANKS CHRISTINE!!! ohhh its soooo pretty. when i was filling up my 10 gal, i couldnt stop looking at it...which means filling up the 10 gal took twice as long as usual! yay im so happy- its so pretty! :panana

Archived