Keeping Up With Canas.

Raith

:rolleyes: I sure hope that you have alot of room David! Cana's aren't as fussy as Brigs.They'll eat fresh carrots/Kale/Collard/Mustard Greens/Cukes/Zucchinnii/Squash/Green Beans etc.The Brigs like food semi-cooked and soft,where I find the Cana's don't care either way.My Brigs won't even look at a fresh carrot unless it's cooked soft,where Chewy & the Cana clan will jump right on it. What are you keeping all those guys in? Two inches a piece,huh? Be prepared for off the chart water param readings & Massive Water changes.Good Luck with them-post pics soon! ;)

One more thing I forgot to mention.Keep a real close eye on your PH and such.Alot of snails will suck the PH right up.I also think that you're going to have to invest in some liquid calcium,and liquid Iodine to keep up with their calcium needs. In smaller snails,bad water params show right up on their shells pretty quick.When I first got mine,I had a hard time figuring how to buffer the PH high enough,but I finally did.During the couple weeks I was testing ,some of my original snails shell's got a little ratty on the edges.

Snail's are huge waste producer's like goldies.That Ph always reduces because of that ---that is one reason that I do so many water changes in any tank that I think is overstocked in any way. Yes,Baking Soda will increase your PH. It has to be done slowly,and correctly though.

ah, alright. :) thanks for many info, btw... how do they MATE? these snails are pretty big.... and its like theyre humping each other. how do they mate?

:rolleyes: The words you use! You may want to look over at Apple Snail.Net--They may have pics that could explain it way easier than I can say it! :lol:

sorry i have an innocence, LOL. alright alright.. btw can you delete the thread about the turtle instead of closing it? thanks. :) oh oh and my GF doesnt nip my snails!!

i agree! good luck with those guys....20 is alotta slimers! beware the live plants...itll look like your tank got nuked dude....2 took down my 40 overnight, much less 20!!!!

they mate...the lil boy snail slimes around on the lil girl snails shell and kinda moves in with her....near her head...for a few days or so....lol....they do everything slowly! :D

Archived