Its "ich" Not "ick"

Okay, I've seen this a lot latley, and it is starting to bug me. :D

The parasite "Ich" Which I'm all sure we all have seen before.

But it is Ichthyophthirius not Icky.

I just wanted to clear that up for people who didnt know.

:lol: Moorio,You seemed to get "Bugged" rather quickly! You are right technically,ich is spelled that way,but........ Did you ever see the Medicine by Jungle Labs called "Jungle Ick Clear Tank Buddies,or how about Ick Guard,or what about Aquarium Products,"Cure-Ick"? Hmmm????? I spell ich-Ick all the time-probably because the medicine I do own is called Cure-Ick. I don't think there's a wrong way or a right way-I'm just glad that I don't have it! :lol: (ICH/ICK that is!) :rofl

:lol: Nothing wrong with being a Science Freak,but take a "Chill Pill" to cut the "EDGE" off! You'll enjoy yourself a whole lot more! :yeah:;)

Guest golden_goldy93

Sorry moorio but the meds i own are called Ick Clear and I don't think it matters because it's pronounced the same both ways.

Guest sourmilknightmares

Well Moorio, I got to agree with you. It also bugs the mess out of me when people spell it "ick." Unfortunatel their ain't a thing I can do about it so I just work on not letting it bother me! :P

ich, ick - we all know what it is and also - very common in UK anyway it is known as "white spot" everyone i know here calles it white spot - but they are not fish guru's like us. :lol:

from this day forward I am going to call you Blach Mauryo

hehe. I always say Ick too... cant help it. But I'll try to be more careful.

For all intents and purposes, I will jump on the thread here. :D

Grammatically speaking, there is no such animal called ich/ick. Ich/ick is just an abbreviation. It matters not how ANYONE spells it. The meaning remains the same. Period.

Now, for the part of being a mod that I don't really enjoy: :rolleyes:

In the rules, its states clearly that calling people out on spelling or grammar is not to be condoned. So, please, if something as trivial as mispelling ich/ick bothers you, I think it would be best to practice a little tolerance instead of calling out members here for their spelling. ;)

Thank you. And I now turn you back to your regularly scheduled programming........ :lol:

Paul

Archived