How To Help Fish With Poo Trails?

Guest Oranda Man

Guest Oranda Man

My Oranda's seem to have long strands of poo trailing out of their behind...any suggestions to help them with this? The poo is the same color as their food, so it seems all is well with their digestive tracts....

trailing poo is either a sign of constipation where the diet isnt varied enough or you are feeding them too much. you have to decide which it is.

what do you feed your fish and how often?

Guest Oranda Man

They get fed once per day in the evening. I always soak my food before feeding them. They have been recieveing s steady diet of flake food, so maybe they are constipated from the flakes? I have some peas thawing right now, time for a change up @ dinner! :icecream

Poos trailing and same colour as their food also mean OVERFEEDING the stomach of an average adult fish's eye so soak the dry foods(which you have done) and feed a little bit twice aday 1 in the morning and 1 the the even so you don't feed that much at once.

Poos trailing and same colour as their food also mean OVERFEEDING the stomach of an average adult fish's eye so soak the dry foods(which you have done) and feed a little bit twice aday 1 in the morning and 1 the the even so you don't feed that much at once.

Diet should be varied, feed a bit of soaked dry am, vegies pm/evening. Green Beans, broccoli, cooked and chopped, spinach, lima beans....

Oranges (skins removed) and fruit's such as skinned seedless grapes, kiwi fruits, salad and/or cocktail shrimps.

:D

Archived