New Calico Fantail!

I got a new a :newfish today!!!!

I saw her yesturday, and almost got her but my fiance talked me out of it. I couldnt stop thinking about her, so I had to go back and get her. Luckily she was still there. Shes a calico fantail, about 3 inches. Her body is all peach, with a few black spots, and then her fins are white, with beautiful black streaks.... I LOVE her sooo much. I didnt bother to tell my fiance, and when he got home, he saw her in the quarentine tank..... he didnt say a word. Im soo happy I got her. She is sooo perfect. What should I name her?

Also, I didnt know vvvv had an exchange thing for goldies. I knew they would replace a dead one, but not take back a live one, and let you pick out another! A lady (who cut in front of me!) brought a black moor in a zip lock bag, and said she didnt want it anymore, and wanted to pick out a different one. AND THEY LET HER! I was shocked.

i never knew pet shops did that either.. yours is probably just a one off maybe. your new fish sounds lovely, do you have any pictures? good luck with her. ive not had any new fish for quite a while now, ive not seen any that have really took my fancy but as soon as that special one comes along he/she is mine as i have room for a new one :)

Your fish sounds lovely Jessica, no wonder you had to go back and get her. Congratulations.

edit: It sounds like your fiance is beginning to understand the whole fish thing. My husband was like that. At first it was "not another fish" or "not another tank". Then, because he was so hostile I didn't bother to tell him about new additions. Finally he came around and started to comment on his own. Now, I proudly show him all new additions and he knows better than to complain. He tries pretty hard to show enthusiasm. :rofl

You should name your new fishy Georgia, like georgia peaches, which is her main color :) She sounds absolutely beautiful!

I haven't gotten a new goldfish yet, and I have an almost emptly ten gallon waiting! I'm trying to wait as long as I can so I will know for sure that I want the fish I get, not because I have room. Its been a week and I'm proud! Tho, I have not been near a petstore in that week :P

The vvvv around here let you exchange fish in the 14 day guarentee also. I've never done that...I don't think I could!

Your new fish sounds gorgeous! :heart

My vvvv will refund or exchange in the 2 weeks time frame too. I did have to return one once just because he was bullying the other fish (all of them!) so badly that they were looking stressed and it was definetly stressing me. That is the only fish I have ever had that did that. My others have always just settled in as part of the group very nicely. When I took the fish back, the girl asked if there was anything wrong with him. I told her that nothing was "wrong" with him but he couldn't play well with others and bit all the time. :lol: I didn't like having to do it, but.....I had to make the decision to not let him stress out the other fish to the point that they would become sick. :crp

I like that your fiance is accepting your addiction. That always makes the relationship nicer! :D

I did have to return one once just because he was bullying the other fish (all of them!) so badly that they were looking stressed and it was definetly stressing me.

325344[/snapback]

Yah, I would sadly take the fish back also if he was stressing my other fishies like that. I only have a ten gallon so I don't think I'll have that problem anytime soon tho. Yeah..I guess it is the only upside to having a capacity of one!

I dont have any pictures yet, but ill be sure to take some this weekend. Shes beautiful! I had been looking around for awhile for anew addition, but wasnt finding anything that really stood out to me. When I saw her, I knew I had to have her. The lady who exchanged the fish, was doing it for her daughter. When she asked her daughter what fish she wanted, she just said "I dont care." Im very picky over fish I get.

For some reason when I saw this goldie, she just looked at me, like please take me home (well they all do that) but she really stood out to me, and I just knew she needed to come with me. If not, someone probably would have bought her, and she would have had a horrible life......

Oh, and the black moor she exhcnage was about 4 inches. It was a beautiful black moor, but she kept saying its eyes were soo ugly. instead, she bought an all orange fantail, and 4 feeder fish to go in a 5 gallon tank.... it made me really sad....

Aww that is pretty sad. :(

I am like you in that I look for ones who really stand out as special to me. There have been lots of times that I left without one just because none of them said "Me! You have to have Me!" :lol: And then there have been times when I really liked one that I didn't get and had to go back!

Can't wait to see the pics....sounds really special. :)

WHen I went back to go and get her, I swore she was like, OH THANK GOODNESS, YOU CAME BACK FOR ME!!! LOL, she seemed tooo happy to see me back... :D

Also, she has been SOOOO happy since I got her. I gave her frozen blood worms today, and she acted like she had never had them before. Shes soo sweet. She already gives me fishy kisses when I put my hand in the tank.

Guest queentut

wow your new fish sounds AWESOME! i haven't heard of a peach one before, it sounds ridiculously cute. i really like the name suggested, georgia. that's a cool name in general.

there are so many people like the lady you described, its amazing. one time i was at the petstore and this lady was looking at the bettas, and just like picking up their little cups, shaking them around and slamming them back down on the counter again. she had 2 little boys with her. she was talking about getting another one cause the one she had died. (she had it in a little vase withe plants on top thing) and i brought her up to speed. she said she didn't even know when it died.

<_<

Archived