How Has Koko's Helped You?

I was just sitting here wondering how Koko's has helped you. What is the biggest, or worst problem you have had with you gf, that was resolved by coming on Koko's? What kind of help did you recieve, how quickly were you helped, who helped you, what was the problem, and how is that gf now?

I'd have to say my biggest problem came when I got my first gf. I need a lot of help with cycling the tank, and care of my gf. Everyone was very nice and helpful. My gf (CJ) is doing great now, and has grown a lot! He said to say thanks to all the great people on Koko's, who have made his life a lot better! :fishtank::goldfish::pond

So lets hear it people, I'm sure Koko would enjoy hearing how her site has helped us all. Koko works really hard for all of us.

Guest VxShady

Ah.. oh so much help. I was completely ignorant on goldfish. When I got my three fantails I had all of them in a 5 gallon aquarium. Then as I was watching them suffer and not realizing that they were suffering, I decided to learn more about my new lil friends.

I stumbled across this website, and I read up on things for like a month before I actually joined. Next thing I knew my three little fellas were moved into a 55 gallon ocean that barely fits in my room. And pretty soon they had some more friends.

But the first problem that I had came when I got my Ryukins and were sick with Columnaris. Fishmerised, Tamianth and Toothless helped me through that one. And they all responded quite quickly to my freaky pleas for help. Even after I put them in a sadly cycled QT tank and they both ended up getting fin rot. They are both doing wonderfully now. I named them Peaches N Cream and Sherbert.

I had goldfish years ago,but when I joined Koko's ,I didn't have a one! I came across the forum quite a while before I joined,and started reading some of the forum. It was not only informative,but funny at times as well. Last Feb., My daughter got goldies,& I mentioned koko's to her -in which she joined.A few months later,I decided to join just to have something in common with her to talk about. :rolleyes::lol: I have never looked back! I couldn't even tell you how many goldies I have now-I'd have to go do a head count! :lol: You know the funniest thing about it all? Is that my daughter & I barely talk of koko's-it always seems to cause a stir.......She's never even commented about me being a Mod!!!! :rofl

I did the same as Sandy did; read the forums as a guest at first. I was curious on treating dropsy, my oranda Roano had contracted it. I was really stressed out because of it; at the time I joined this site, he had had it for three months! I was treating with Maracyn 2 for the third time when I came out of denial that it just wasn't working. So I joined and asked for help in the Emergency section. Emma helped me and gave me good advice about raising the temperature, salting, and feeding with Medi-Gold, though I ended up getting Metro-Med since it helped the beginnings of dropsy. I ordered it anyway and shipped it top priority; it's arrival timing was impeccable; it arrived the day after Roano died. Emma really helped me though, despite the fact I couldn't save Roano. Also, many people helped me when I went for advice on how to humanly euthanize a fish after I realized he wouldn't pull through. I'm so thankful this site exists, it helps me better being a good fish-keeper every day.

Thank God for Koko and all the wonderful, helpful people on this site.

Oh wow, where to start? Kokos has been the greatest source of info for me. I would know nothing about my fish without this site. I got the fish first and then went looking for info about them. I read and learned so much for months while getting my tank established before I joined and posted. I never realized there was so much to know. From so many people here I have learned about keeping the importance of water changes and why, what breeding stars are :lol: , what to expect when they are breeding, what the best foods are, how much space to give them, how to cycle a tank, about bacteria blooms, how to care for snails, how to better care for my bettas, I have been reading today about plecos because I'm thinking of getting a couple for my big tank, etc....etc... as you can tell, the list could go on and on and on and on and on....well you get it. :D Thanks to everyone! Thanks Koko! :)

I became a member when I got my first(well not First-first. That was too long ago) four goldies from Pjs as feeders. I didnt know hardly anything but I knew I wasnt keeping them in a bowl. So I looked around and found Kokos. I read everything I could and asked many questions. I was interested in EVERYTHING! From feeding to breeding and I asked what I think is too many questions(I couldve just read others posts). I will always know that my most valuable piece of info is how much room goldie need. Otherwise I probably wouldve stocked that first rubbermaid so full it wouldve look like a feeder tank at PJs(or any other store for that matter). Thank you to all who answered my questions, you have helped me very much. And even though I have to start brand new when I move, I REALLY wanna keep going with goldies. I cant even type how thankful I am to everyone who has helped me, and to those who have made me feel mart by letting me help you. Ive learned ALOT. Nuff said. You all know aht I mean.

Kokos site has helped me sooo much. I think the worst thing that has happened to my goldfish is when my tank got ick from two moors my fiance put in there to suprise me. I tried everything, and all of my fish died. I got alot of advice on here from everyone, and then alot of support once my goldies did pass. Ive learned almost everything I know about goldfish on this site.

my biggest problem was that i didnt know what i didnt know! i had had goldfish succseufly before, but it was just dumb luck. know i know what im doing! kinda... XD

:yeah: I had kept a few goldfish in a 10 gallon tank for awhile. I thought I was doing ok. But would occaionally lose one & didn't know why. I started googling GF & gathering info. This sight came up & I immediately locked it into my computer. I read & watched the forums for quite awhile. Recently I decided to jump in there & "get my fins wet".....LOL

You know those unbelievable 'before and after' pics in weight loss ad5?

The difference in my before and after goldfish keeping abilities is just as dramatic since joining this forum! :)

I once bought 4 fancies 2 blackmoors + 2 red caps in a 2 gallon see-thru bucket bowl type and they died withing 10 days so i searched for infos on how to keep them and found this site then i learned each fish need at least 10 gallons and bought a 13g tank after with 2 fantails, then few days after the tank has gone cloudy so i posted and Captk told me it was a bacterial bloom so i got that sorted then one of the fantail(Tango) had coloumnaris(Toothless you probably remeber this the columnaris...?) After like 3-4 weeks the red one(Tango) died of dropsy + other illnesses :cry a month later the other fantail died and i bought a calico ryukin few days later and now i had her for over amonth now and still healthy :) Now i know pretty load of infos on them :P

Wow, koko has answered some of my trouble posts from cycling to ich and a huge boil on the side of a fantail that had popped. I'm sure if my fish knew, they would be grateful for you koko :)

I joined fast when I had 2 commons in a 1 gallon tank and they instantly got sick. That's why my name is sooooooo boring. I didn't want to think about a name I wanted answers quick to save my fish. They gratefully didn't suffer long, 7 days. When I got my moor and put her in the same 1 gallon death cell many people at koko's posted to talk me into a bigger tank. I suffered much guilt over it (personally inflicted) and finally went behind my husbands back and bought one. Hooray! So many people have helped and made me laugh and touched my heart in the last two months. I would list but I don't want to forget anyone. I am a working mother in a small office with few friends. Koko's not only educated me and saved my fish, but it also gave me a social outlet. I care about you guys and your fish and I am so glad to have this. Koko's has filled a personal void in my life. So know I will take my teary eyed self back to reality and get back to work.

Thanks Koko! I love this website!! :thanks:bighug

WOW I really can't even begin to say how much this site has helped me out!! I have had sooooo many questions and someone is always prompt in responding to all of my concerns, and questions.

I am pretty sure that if I didn't find this I would be up a creek with no paddle!! I have only been a member for a very short time but I have learned a ton already!! I feel like I know some of you, Everyone is so helpful and nice I coulden't ask for more!!! THANKS :grouphug

Oh no!.....Well I had more to say but my son just came in and I think I need to change someone now?!?!?.......LOL :fart

Guest Dawn Hunley

Koko's site has helped my by providing some relief for my one eyed oranda "Gomez" in his last few days. He wouldn't have lasted near as long if I didn't have the support and help from the other members here. It's a great thing you have done here Koko! I know that I appreciate it very much and even though Gomez is dead now, He even appreciates it! So here's a big hug for North Carolina all the way to California, From me to you! :bighug

OMG...this site helped me soo much! it took me from kritter keepers to over 100 gallons of fish! and super healthy little guys!

I also joined in a hurry, all my fish were sick and changing color, finrot, etc...wow...just because of my ignorance!

I love this site! Ive never looked back since i joined!

Archived