No More Quarentine Tank

Guest Misty's_Fantails

Guest Misty's_Fantails

I was using the QT for water changes it was sitting on the floor like normal and the bottom broke out of it :yikes : so here i find myself cleaning about 8gal of water off my livingroom floor and myself :cry

Oh, that's horrible! I'm sorry. I spilled about 2.5 gallons on the hardwood living room floor when I first filled my 55 gal. My mom was so mad she was about to make me drain out the tank to move it and dry the water from under the tank stand. I feel you pain, though your situation must be much worse. Once again, I'm sorry. :cry

i think thats everyones nightmare. it could have been worse though, imagine if it had been your 55, waterfall city. :blink:

Guest Misty's_Fantails

the puddle stoped about 2in from my comp tower. If it had been my 55 i would have DIED or shot myself b4 hubby got home anyway :blink: In all the comotion my whildren seen opertune moment to sneak in the kitchen and get a full jar of koolaide :angry: so its been one disaster after another. Im writing up a think "do you have a plan" im putting it on all the forums. I didnt have a plan for "what IF a tank breaks" and it cost me about 3 more g of water than needed to fall (although it was a good 4in hole so it was GUSHING) i had 2 choices door where i have to pass the computer or kitchen which is quite a ways away. i opted for the door and missed the comp thank god. if the 55 breaks ill just have to grab the comp and run theres NO WAY i can stop it. Im still kinda' in shock over the ordeal though. Im very lucky no water got on the comp or the electrical for the 30g and 55g.

Guest Misty's_Fantails

sorry about all the type-o's like i said im still a bit in shock and kinda shakie :cry1

YIKES. :thud

I bought a 10g for my quarantine tank and had happened to put those blue disposable Shop Towels underneath it to protect the furniture from scratches, and when I had filled the thing about halfway I noticed the shop towels were getting dark REALLY fast... :blink: so I siphoned out the water right away, and sure enough there was a leak where the sealant hadn't closed up the tank all the way...grrr.

luckily I had put the towels under there, so I could see through the tank that they were getting dark.. otherwise, I probably would have had some serious water damage in my office before noticing :unsure:

I can't imagine as much water as you had to deal with!!! AGH! :ignore

PS: Yes, that is definitely TOTM. :exactly

using another tank for water changes isnt something thats normally done. the stress on the tank will be huge and the glass will be constantly be moving. just use a bucket in future :)

Guest Misty's_Fantails

yeah but i had nothing else to use. Now i have a bucket Im getting another 10g for quarentine tank. Im gonna get the 10g from my friend instead of getting the 60g. I'm still kinda freaked out and afraid to touch my other tanks i guess the shock will take a lil' while to wear off.

Archived