They Are Gone...

Fantail

They have been devoured by my fish. Just got them last week, and the java fern is barely alive and the anubia is missing lots of leaves... nothing works. They eat everything... Any suggestions? <_<

Im sorry! Is your tank heavily planted, or just a few plants? When I first started getting planted, and only had a few here and there, the goldies seemed to eat them in a matter of days! Then I just decided to get a bunch, and it seemed that the more there were, the less they were interested, Strange. I bought some java fern a couple weeks back, and my goldies havent touched it. They seem to have lost interest in the taste of the plants.

Sorry about your plants, it can be very frustrating.

I agree with what Jessica says, also it really depends on your goldies...

Some will love java fern others will hate it. Just try out diffrent types of plants,

Good luck,

Alex

yes, i hope that they will stop eating plants, there are a few plants along with bamboo in my tank. But i see that every new plant, they try it. But they usually stop in a few days, which by that time, half the leaves are gone... But anarchis can't last at all. The thing that makes me made is that they don't eat it, there are leaves floating the bottom.

Every now and then I still find some leaves floating around. Have you tried some amazon swords? Mine have done great. The leaves are sooo big, that they have ahard time nibbling on them, and pulling them off. I have two that are so big that their coming out of the water.

I would just try different types of plants, and see how they do. I recently bought some dwarf grass stuff, and there isnt much left, so I wont be trying anymore of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After reading all about massacred plants, I guess I'll just buy them with the intent that my goldies WILL eat them... :D

which are their favorites to nibble? I wanted to try anubia or hygrophila because I hear they do well anchored in a barebottom tank...

I really like anubias, they look great and don't grow too slow.

Mine like to nibble on Anacharis alot, and java ferns get eaten too...

Archived