Ok That Is Disturbing

Demiloon

Watching the ;ocal morning news show they had a segment on a catering shop. This mom and daughter catering buisness was showing some mother's day flower arrangments.

One of them was a clear bowl about 1/2 gal in size with some rocks that held submerged cut tulips and about 10 small comet goldfish inside swimming around.

Now if this is someones idea of a gift I am fairly sure there isnt 120 gal set up that will store all those fish in it after the flowers die :cry1

So what do i do? call them and ask what they do with the fish. we all know what happens to them. I suppose I could send them a message of some sort suggesting they consider the fish.

Ok i feel better getting it out :grouphug

I agree. Thats worse then the betta in the vase thing! I cant believe they would do that. I think you should call them. its best to talk to someone then email them because then they have to listen to what you say. Also, I'll email them and tell them a few things. What morning news show was it?

Isn't it strange that they could think that was a pretty "flower arrangement". Flower arrangements shouldn't include living animals. But you know as long as you can walk in stores and see Goldfish bowls or 1 gallon tanks advertised as "great for goldfish", people that aren't crazy about their fish like we are will always think that is an ok way to go about it. :(

Guest VxShady

If you leave near them.. I'd go down there. They'd have to drag me kicking and screaming from that store if they didn't listen to me.

:) I would also call/e-mail them and let them know how to properly

take care of them, but if your going to do that just educate them

don't start to argue or anything... ,

Alex

"here you go mom! a stinky bowl of dead fish and rotting plants"

o.o im gettin my mom a frog.... not a bowl of death! someone call them and tell them of the massicure their incurring!

I'd probably go and steal all their fishie things and....*runs screaming down the streat with an ax and fish baggies, LET ME AT 'EM* *manages to restrain self and sits back down next to laptop with keyboard*

I'd call them up at once and try (politey) of course about how to treat fish and how they can't possibly live (that many) in a water filled space as small as that.

*Then I would scream into the phone what's going to happen to them if they don't take them out. lol. please don't do that.*

I'd probably go and steal all their fishie things and....*runs screaming down the streat with an ax and fish baggies, LET ME AT 'EM* *manages to restrain self and sits back down next to laptop with keyboard*

I'd call them up at once and try (politey) of course about how to treat fish and how they can't possibly live (that many) in a water filled space as small as that.

*Then I would scream into the phone what's going to happen to them if they don't take them out. lol. please don't do that.*

324621[/snapback]

hee hee Goldfish Goddess makes me laugh :)

Obvious these are junk goldfish they throw in the bowl. They are the culls generated in trying to breed nice goldfish for you and I. If the florist didn't buy these junk fish, then what would be their fate? They could end up in the feeder-fish tank at the LFS and become oscar food. In some states, they could be sold as bait for fishing and end up impaled on hook. If the market is weak, the breeder would just throw them away. The flower vase might be their best shot at a long life. They are still junk though.

Guest queentut

bekko isn't saying that fish are garbage. but that's where a lot of them end up because money drives nearly everything in this world. i'd say better off oscar food than slow painful ammonia/nitrate poisoning though.

bekko isn't saying that fish are garbage. but that's where a lot of them end up because money drives nearly everything in this world. i'd say better off oscar food than slow painful ammonia/nitrate poisoning though.

325045[/snapback]

i totally agree... atleast it short and quick (and kinda natural) in the mouth of a big fish.... :(

apparently some other people have different analogies of fish such as, 'my own GF wont be in a 2gal tank but the other fish i dont care about' and there are the 'my GF is happy in a 10gal and those people who have 10GF in the 1/2 gal should give their GF to me', etc.

Obviously, after everybody has vented their opinion about it, this shall be the end of it.

And btw, Alex is right - we will not call or email anybody about how to take proper care of their fish. The last time some members did that, I believe it was somebody selling fish on ebay, those members didn't know the proper etiquette when emailing a total stranger to complain about their fish keeping, and it got pretty nasty. We will not shine in a bad light toward other people. If anybody comes here to find out how to take care of their goldies, then they shall be educated. But we will not go around emailing strangers...

Thank you.... :)

Archived