Weird Problem

Guest mellowr

Guest mellowr

my bubble-eye's belly is really bulging out on one side. It had the bulging belly since l bought it nad it really concerns me. Although he or maybe she seems to be doing fine. Anyone know what problem it could be?

Hi mellowr and welcome to Koko's :D

Is there any way you can answer as many of the questions in the box above the response panel? To help you, everyone will need to know as much about your water parameters (eg. ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and ph) and tank setup as possible.

Post back soon :)

Guest mellowr

o thank you. Anyway unfortunetly l don't have the nitrate/ammonia/nitrite test kits. l do have the ph one and its at 7.8. l don't think it's a problem because the shop that l bought the fish from said his ph was very similar straight from the tap and told me not to worry. Hope that fills in some of the gaps lol. I do do water changes everyweek and only the 4 fish in the 90 gallon tank so l'm hoping its not to big of a problem. Just the belly on one side is bulging out ALOT.

my own fish sadly had a bulge on one side that turned out to be a tumour. is it in the belly near the back end or higher up?

Guest mellowr

its in the back end and its more bulging back and outwards than just plain fat. l hope its not a tumour but it sounds as though your description sounds like mine :(

Archived