Python Or Similar Diy "python"

Guest canadianbagel

Guest canadianbagel

Hi everyone,

I recently built a diy python since I couldn't afford the real thing. I found out later though that you need to run the faucet at full force. Just thinking about how much water I have to run to do a partial water change makes me think of how much water I'm wasting. Even though it's a lot more convinient than carrying buckets around the house, it's such a terrible thought about how much water is wasted. What do you guys (with a python) think about this?

Well, I have a python, and I love it. Its such a saint. Ive thought about the water that gets wasted, but really, at least with me, not that much water is being lost. When I turn mine on full force, not much water comes out. its loud, but not much water comes out from the faucet, and once i stick it in the tank, most the water through the hose is from the tank, and not the faucet. Also, mine doesnt have to be turned all the way up to work properly. And another thing, once you do start sucking the water out of the tank, you can turn the water faucet on low, and it doesnt really affect the water flow.

No problem. When i first got my python, i didnt read the part about turning it up full blast, so I was just barely turning the water on, and it worked exactly the same as when i turn it up. Doesnt it make you wonder about how wasteful that water is??? I watched a thing on PBS the other day about how the Earth is slowly loosing water, and how we should cherish every bit, because one day we might now have it like we do. I felt bad when I saw how other countries are, and they dont have much water at all!! I was shocked.... Ive noticed myself ever since that turning water off when im not using it, not taking long showers... and just overall, being sadened when i see water go down the drain... I wonder sometimes, that it didnt seem like much to me, but to other people in other countries... that might have saved their life!

Yeah, that python and the water waste bothered me as well when I first got the python. And back then I had to use the faucet for emptying the tanks, the drains in the house weren't low enough to go without.

Now, since we moved, and the home is designed differently, I can just let the water drain into the shower drain or out the door without faucet, which I really love.

One good thing about mobile homes - the air condition ducts run on the floor. We got a new A/C system with the home, but the old ducts are still there, but not used anymore. If there is really a tank that can't reach either the shower or a door, I let it run down the duct. That of course comes pretty handy in case a holding container overflows when filling! :rofl

Archived