Smack Asking About Canas

Raith

Eggs are okay at room temps.The warmer you keep the eggs,the faster they hatch.I keep all my eggs and babies in the 70's range,

The Gumminess should only be on the bottom.When you opened the lid,was the lid full of moisture? Wait a minute,do you have them floating in tank or in tupperware on Papertowels & lid? If they're floating.spray them twice a day.If they're in Tupperware,as long as you see some kind of moisture on the lid,it's usually okay.You can take a paper towel & wipe it from the lid everyday & then close it back up good.As the eggs age,they do get kind of get dry looking and the colors of the clutch start turning grey to whiteish.If this is happening,there's a good chance that they're fertile. :yeah: There needs to be some sort of humidity in there,but it really shouldn't be damp or wet. :)

theyre in a coolwhip container....mom poked holes in the lid, should she have???

theres some water in the bottom of then container, and theyer on a piece of plastic on top of that. there is condensation on the lid, I put a damp papertowel over top of the eggs themselves though....

I dont know what to do, the last bunch of eggs i had grew hair after a few days, these ones arent doin that yet!

how many days are we talkin bout here? they laid some on tues morn, then again on wed morning.....

oooh...ok...

I was looking at them today, some are getting a whitish dot on them...is that good?

most are nice and pinkish, some are getting lighter.....

These are cana eggs? Yes, they turn whiteish before they hatch, but they also turn a similar color if they're dried up. I've had clutches that I swore would never hatch b/c I though they'd dried up, but they still hatched. Actually, I've never had a cana clutch not hatch! The shortest time it took a clutch to hatch for me was about a week. I always floated the eggs on styrofoam in my old five gallon snail hatchery tank. I never did the in the container thing.

Smack, didn't your friend want some of my babies? They better not be holding off for yours! PM/email me if they still want them, I'm rarely on Koko's anymore.

Good luck with your eggies.

Archived