I Won! I Won!

Ranchugirl

Will you look at this darling! http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/auc...1066771717#HIST

I sure hope, he arrives alive....

And a girl comes with him too!

Thailand is a far way off, though, but bettas are tough little beauties! :happydance

He's great! You should breed them, so the rest of us wont have to get our awesome red halfmoons sent all the way from Thailand. We can just get them from Florida (saw it in your profile, lol). ;)

Guest Sapphyra

Awesome! A real nice guy I work with is working on breeding his pair to come up with a black and white halfmoon butterfly. I *think* it was a halfmoon butterfly anyway.. That's his major project, but he's also breeding other pairs. I can't remember it all though.

Jen, I have about 16 males (2 delta tails, 1 twin tail, the rest are those veiltails?), 11 girls, and about 200 fry right now, varying from 1 week to 2 weeks old. I used to have the girls all in one 10 gl tank, and the boys in different containers standing around the house. Now I got some mesh deviders, those things are really cool, you can hang them into a 10 gl tank, and they house up to 5 males. I put 5 females into that same tank as well, together with plants and a sponge filter. There are 3 10 gl tanks with that setup standing around now, and all the males have filtration, compared to those filterless containers. Of course, with the females around them all they long, I see bubble nests like crazy, and the females develop eggs much easier....

Here is the side view -

post-18-1066832259.jpg

Jacks, a little chain of 4 stores here in Orlando, will take them, as well as two more, rather small, stores. Even my local Petsupermarket told me they would sell them for me.... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived