Bad Experience With Moor

goldygal

Hi all, I am just wanting to post what I have had happen to me the past few days. First of all, do not put otto cats with your goldfish. Two days ago I noticed that my black moor had two whiteish areas of the belly. Then I noticed his eye getting cloudy. Water tested perfect what could it be. Well last night as I sat watching this tank I noticed that the otto cat was sucking onto the body of my moor..... :angry:

I quickly scooped him out and well lets say he is now in a better place....... ;)

I also figured out that before I put him in with my new black moor he was in my community tank and now that he was out my angel fish has all healed up on the sides....hate these fish...... :angry:

I only hope that my moors eyes get better. I added a bit of salt to the tank so I hope in a few days he is all better.

Guest sourmilknightmares

I think I've seen ottos sucking on goldies at nooppee. Where you supplementing his diet? A lot of people think you can get away without feeding algae eaters because they eat the algae (duh!) ut they do need to be fed same as any fish.

Sorry about your poor little moor! I hope he heals with no complecations!

Guest golden_goldy93

That's why you should never get fish at nooppee. They stink. Get them where it looks like they take care of them.

I got one fish from nooppee, a comet. A had a buch of feeder comets from PJ's and one died before the warrentee was up at nooppee. I took it in saying this was the one I bought and got my money back! I cheat. The one I got from nooppee is still alive and swimming. Hes the first and only outta maybe 20+ fishies Ive bought there to survive! You get ur lucky stars, but its as likely as finding a show quality dobermann puppy at a pet shop. HA!! Good luck.

Hi all, I am just wanting to post what I have had happen to me the past few days. First of all, do not put otto cats with your goldfish. Two days ago I noticed that my black moor had two whiteish areas of the belly. Then I noticed his eye getting cloudy. Water tested perfect what could it be. Well last night as I sat watching this tank I noticed that the otto cat was sucking onto the body of my moor..... :angry:

324221[/snapback]

they only resort to sucking off slime coats when they are being starved. Most ottos WONT eat algea wafers, but need to have cooked zuccini if there isnt the right kind of algea available. poor otto... :( poor moor

Well the moor is doing fine, seems to be healing up but I am a bit worried about his eyes. They seem a bit cloudy, but when I seen that otto sucking his eyes :veryangry: I was not pleased at all.

Call me a bad fish person if you will but after loosing my beautiful Discus whom cost me dearly to this ###### fish I vow never to buy another otto cat again or recommend them like I use to.

Yes his diet was supplemented as I have been in this hobby for 20 some years but have not really kept these fish before (otto cats) I always add extra foods for my bottom feeders in the form of pellets for some and veggies for other.

The otto went for a :goldfish in the toilet.

I don't do this unless a fish dies but I am so ###### mad that my Discus is dead due this when if I would have known I would still have him...... :(

The otto cats work their magic at night when the lights are out, I spend lots of time watching my fish and have never seen the otto on any of the fish in my tanks.

Hey, this whole hobby is a learning experience. I know alot about fish but I surely don't know everything and always learing something new all the time. Unfortunatley this past experience has been the hard way.

I will be fine in time, I blame myself for the loss of my Discus. But know what I would do differently next time....... ;)

You really shouldn't blame yourself. Like you said, while watching the tanks, it never happened or obviously you would have done something. There is nothing you could have done. But you are right, every problem in fish keeping and life in general is a learning experience so at least we know better now. And thanks to this site we all get to learn from each other's experiences. :)

Archived