Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob1

Wakin

Guest Bob1

can they get? Will they ok in a 90G aquarium.

Hi,

I have a question for you--how many fish will you have in the 90 gallon? It is recommended a minimum of 10 gallons per fish and when they are very large, 20 gallons per fish is better.

This is to keep the water quality high and give lots of room for swimming.

Wakins can grow quite large (over 10") and are sleek bodied fast swimmers so it is suggested that they have at least 20 gallons per fish.

:)

Mate, they'd be laughing and loving it. 30g each is pretty cool. B)

Guest sourmilknightmares

I agree. You'll have some very happy fish hangin' out in their most cool 90 gallons.

Wow now I feel sorry for my goldies. But just to let you know, youll probably be temted to add in more fish to "take up space". Dont. They will grom fast and big. But they will LOVE it. I wish you all the luck with water changes and decorating....oh and if you ever have to move..........lets not even go there.

Wakin are pond fish and were not bred or selected to be viewed from the side. They are tough and can live for a decade or so in a suitable pond. Wakin give the most dramatic effect when viewed from the top. If you are going to keep goldfish in an aquarium, then why not get fish which were bred and selected to be kept in an aquarium?

Yep, Bekko is right - the wakin are viewed from above. And the crisp red coloration on the pure white background looks just stunning that way. I have some in my tub that look just gorgeous, just from the coloration - red lips, or red rings around their eyes. Its not the dull, more orange coloring of other goldfish - its bright, cherry red! :heart