Have You Ever Shipped Ur Own Fish

Have u ever shipped ur own fish cuz it was too long of a trip to drive them?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Have u ever shipped ur own fish cuz it was too long of a trip to drive them?

• Yes1-3
    • yes4-8
    • yes9+
    • Never

well, my fiance delivers live fish to mmm all the time! He hates it when he gets the boxes with crickets, because they always get out of the box, and are all over the back of his truck! LOL, I think its funny, he doesnt. In all honesty, most of the time, UPS has no idea what are in those boxes. It could be anything. They even ship flammables, swords... etc. My fiance was telling me about a guy who works there, and he got in an accident, and thank goodness his door to the back was shut, because there were swords in one of the boxes, and then went right into that door, and were sticking out!! if it would have been opened, they would have stabbed right through him!!!

Guest VxShady

Some one posted a really good link on here at one point to Doc Johnsons advise on shipping. And he said to NEVER tell them its a live animal. Can't remember what thread that was though. Had some really good advise.

Both UPS and FedEx knowingly ship fish all the time. Sometimes the box says "LIVE FISH", and sometimes it doesn't. You are asking for trouble if you try to conceal the fact that it's live fish. It is hard to mistake a box that rocks back and forth because of the water sloshing inside. The important thing is to have them packaged properly, know what you're doing, and ACT like you know what you're doing. They will get nervous and may reject it if the packaging looks unprofessional or you cry and tell them to "Take good care of Squiggy" as they pick up the box.

Ill remember this for next time. My fishies are gone. I gave them to the koi petshop, aka Evolution of Pets. Ive known one dude for a while now. He takes good care of his fish and promised me they wont be used as feeders. So Ill be starting over after I move.

Archived