Filter - Which Kind Is The Best? For 30 Gallon

Guest ThugLife

Guest ThugLife

i have a 30 gallon tank and need a new filter

and need sumthing that is cheap on tha cartridges

Is topfin and whisper the same thing?

I have never used either of those filters. I was going to suggest that you go for a Penquin 330 or Emperor 400 - ithey are a good workhorse filters that have tons of room for extra biofiltration - baskets for it and all. You really do not need to change the cartridges very often. I shake the carbon from mine and just bang them clean every time I clean the tank. I think I change them less than once every 3 months - that is not expensive at all!

Aim for as high a gph as possible with a maximum space for biofiltration and you should be happy with your filter.

I really don't know why everyone dislikes Whispers. Currently, I have one Aquaclear 300, one Penguin mini and 60, a one Whisper 10 and 60.

The thing I don't like about the Penguins are that once the filters begin to get dirty, the water level begins to rise and go above the filter. Maybe it was by design??? The media averages about $1.50ea online when buying boxes of 3-6. My mini was perfectly silent, but the 60 makes a loud noise from the impeller. I've tried a new impeller to no avail.

I'm not sure if Whisper and Topfin are the same, but I like my Whispers. They are all silent and the filter media is the cheapest compared to the other makes.

Guest ThugLife

^ thanks

i went and got a aquaclear 50

they lady at tha Local pet shop said they cant bad mouth thur products

she said that topfin sucks and that she has 9 yrs experience with fishes

and said to go with tha aquaclear

Archived