Sick Molly-please Help

My Molly is sick!!I got her yesterday.She seemed to be the most active of all of them so I chose her. :ill

I also noticed she was pregnant.Well,as soon as she got in my tank here she went and hid behind the plants.I thought thats normal,she's just shy.Getting used to the place.Well,I came back from school a few min's ago and looked around.I couldnt see her because she was black buy I finnaly caught site of her.I dont think she's eaten any food I've put in there either.She was at the bottom behin a green plant.She was a little diagnol and just hovering there.After a while I saw that she was just sitting there.Yesterday I did put a Tank Buddies fungus clear in there just in case.OH,and I didnt see this when I got her but I THINK she has Finrot.Her fins are a little ragged.I just checked her and she's swimming around a bit.

Params:

Amonia/Nitrite/:0

Nitrate:Safe range-Cant remember what though :huh:

P.H.:Around Neutral(sp?)

THANKS!

:( Sorry to hear that your new Molly doesn't look so well.First of all,Can you give me the exact Number's of your PH/Nitrites/NitrAtes. Sometimes what some people consider safe turn out to be not safe. When you got the fish,did you acclimate her correctly with your tank water? Sometimes there can be a big difference with your PH and the Pet Stores PH. From what I've read,Mollies tend to like the Higher PH range. What other fish have you got in that tank,and how long has your tank been set up? I've also read that Mollies like a little aquarium salt added to their tank too. If you could answer those couple of questions,maybe we can figure out what is wrong with your new fish. And Never add medication to your fish tank unless you know that the fish really have the problem the medication is supposed to treat.You can often cause more problems by misdosing,or medicating your fish with a medicine they don't need. :)

I did tell them to write it down but they only did it for my 55 gall because it's P,H was acidic.-_-

Well,the tank has been running around 4-5 months.Everything is 0.She dose havea whitish edge on there.She usually always stays behind the plant.Is she maybe just shy??I'm not exactly sure about nitrates.-_-

No clue.

-Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

OK,she really looks Sick now.Her scales next to her dorsal fin are whitish and look 3-d ish when you look at them closely.He dorsal fin is also low.Either it's rot or thats how it's suppoesed to be.There is also a thing sticking out from her back.It looks like a white stich ish thing and at the end it forkes and then stops.She eats fine and she did just have fry.But I think they all dies :( PLEASE HELP!

sounds like she has flukes and if you didnt quarantine her then the rest of your fish will have it too.

is your tank all livebearers?

need an expert who knows how to deal with flukes or you can look around the treatment board to find out how to treat them.

You could try a medication called Parasite Clear. It is made by Jungle and it contains praziquantel which is a good medication for flukes. It also contains other medications, so it is a good choice when you are completely sure what is going on. It also treats secondary infections. I have had good luck with this medication. It hasn't caused my cycle to crash and it hasn't affected live plants. It is available quite readily, also. Good luck and keep us posted.

If the stick like thing is quite large and visible, it could be an anchor worm. You could pull this out or cut it off. Better to pull it out if you can since the head is embedded in the fish. Cutting it off will kill it, but the head is still there and can cause problems.

I just looked on the Parasite Clear package and it does treat anchor worms, too, so you could just use the medication if you are squeamish about pulling out the worm.

I though about anchor worm first to.Except it wasnt really moving so I was thinkign it might be something else.I'll go to mmm as fast as possible and see if I can find any of it.Can parasite clear also help fin rot.3 are livebearers and one is a bala that I need to put somewhere else.I'll move her to a 1 gall quartintine.

I got my old 1 gall out and put a tiny bit of gravel,which I checked for anchor worm,and a plant and a rock so she has places to hide.She aslo just gave birth but the fry didnt make it :(

I put a teaspoon of salt and tank buddies fungus clear to help with finrot.I know it could mess up the cycle but with a 1 gall I dont think it can do much harm.It also has an airstone.Oh,and around the spot where the anchorworm is.The fins arw whitish-I know I said it already-and I think it's a little up around that area.Isshe getting dropsy too?? :cry1

Whern I got her,the gf tank was infected with anchorworm-the tank was far away.

I'm guessing someone accidently transferred it to her tank.When I for her she seemed ok except for a bit of finrot. :crp

SOrry for posting again but her finrot's really bad.Her dorsal fin is less than half an inch.It's really eaten up.All her fins are rotting not only one.I hope she'll be ok.By the way,her name is Haru,which means Spring ^_^ :(

I bought parasite clear and put it in.After I saw the picture of the anchor worm on the box I knew thats what she had.I put it in and following the directions.Hopefully this will work.I dont want to pull it out becasue I'm afraid I might cut it and it's head will be stuck in her.

-I'll update if she gets any better

:cry1 I moved her back to the 1 gall.She sorta pineconign a tinsy bit,her eyes are bulging...Her mouth also suddenly went open really wide a flat lookign and wont close and she looks different and really sick.I'm not sure if she'll make it... :cry1

her gills are also moving fast.Her mouth wont close and looks like someone made a giant hole there. :cry1 :crp :cry1

She's also sitting at the bottom.Dosnt look like she's going to make it at all

Well...She didnt make it.I waas doing school work and went to check on her and she was dead.Her scales for protruding and so I'm sure she died of Dropsy.

R.I.P-Haru :cry1:cry1 :cry1 :cry1:cry1

Archived