Travelling Snail

Hey LBF!,

Since your snail is rather large i think you should rap her up in a

wet paper towl,not to tight... she has to be able to breath.

Then put her in a small box, and make sure she won't be flying around in the

box knocking her shell...

Good luck,

Alex

I've gotten snails shipped to me a few different ways. 1st) is wetting a paper towel with tank water,placing it in bottom of small tupperware container,then wrapping the individual snail in another damp towel,placing it in Tupperware with slices on the lid for air. If cold out,you need styrofoam inside your mailing box,and you also need to pack around the tupperware with peanuts/newspaper/etc.as to keep the snail container from moving around.The other way is A fish bag with a small amount of water with snail,knot the plastic bag add it into another plastic bag to double it.Then you would do the same packing with the shipping box. :) (Depending on where you're shipping & the temps,a heat pack may or may not be needed)

• 2 weeks later...

I have overnighted fish several times without incident. Thats how most of them get to the US so theres nothing to worry about. The cabins are pressurized (or is it depressurized!? LOL) so it is safe. Good luck and hope you've had a great time living away from home for awhile. :)

Archived