Fish Shock?

Guest IluvMyBuddy

Guest IluvMyBuddy

I just got done feeding my fishy a hearty meal and he went wild swimming around happily as usual...after he just let a lot of poop pass, he started to swim around picking up rocks like he usually does...but suddenly at the corner of the tank, he just stopped moving. It's was almost as if he was in shock. I tapped on the glass a little a bit freaked out...he moved a little flinch here and there and his gills moved a little..he sorta looked he he was sleeping, but about ten seconds later he started moving swimming around again...what is that all about??? I do'nt think there's anything wrong with Buddy...he's been pretty healthy since the last time i treated him with Ick which was a month ago.

I see my goldies do this from time to time. Their crazy sometimes. They'll eat their dinner, and be swimming around all happy, and then stop for a minute, and then continue swimming again. I always say their just taking a minute to digest a bit of food... not really sure why they do it. I know when my goldies go to sleep, they have their own spots where they sleep. My oranda sleeps behind an amazon sword plant, and my two fantails sleep side by side under a piece of drift wood.

Maybe he was just being a goof. Maybe he forgot were he was (LOL, sounds like something I would do)

Guest IluvMyBuddy

haha. i hope that's the case for my fishy.. ^^ but i do'nt have anything in my tank but rocks, a filter and Buddy. I used to have two lives plants, but it contributed to ick so i took them out. he just sleeps in his corner where he suddenly stopped...i guess he thought it was bed time?? also, i had a quick question:

can pooping too much tired a fish out??

Guest 2 commons

Could it possibily be their 4 second memory? :D

"oh, I got food yum, yum, yum. swim, swim, swim.yeah I got...." :happydance

"Oh look I got food, yum." :ymmu

Guest sourmilknightmares

That happened to me yesterday! I was walking by my tanks and I saw that Bill, my common with swim bladder problems, was just floating at the top. These fish are my babies so I was starting to internally panic. My hands were full so I just stood there for a minute staring at him and finally just yelled "Bill!" in a very stern voice. I don't know if he heard me or not but he immediately tilted his head to look at me and then went swimming around like nothing had ever happened. The poor guy was probably just taking a breather but still it was enough to freak me out.

Goldies are weird like that. They like to play tricks to mess with our minds. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I would keep an eye on him though, just to make sure.

Archived