Goldfish Floating?

Guest wunstaboi

Guest wunstaboi

hey, i have a pearlscale goldfish and it died this morning. Last night it kept on floating up and swimming sideways, and this morning i found it died. It was still on the side floating, and when i try to flip it over, it just goes back to the other side. So i wonder what might have cuased this fish to die?

One of the main problems that causes a goldfish to float upside down or sideways and incorrectly is poor water conditions. It is impossible to totally diagnose what went wrong with your fish, but if I had to guess, some aspect of the water parameters was less than ideal.

I am soooooo sorry to hear about your fish. A pearlscale is a creature of great beauty......

Perhaps if you stay a while here, you will find some questions that we can help you with, and maybe share your next fish with us all. I am glad you are here - and hope that your next foray into goldfish keeping is a happier and more satisfying one.

Guest wunstaboi

hey thanks, i think i'm going to try agian. The pearlscale i had was so pretty, it was a calico/ pearlscale/ and oranda!!! what a waste. i feel so bad!

I am sorry about your poor pearlscale. It is always sad when a treasured fish dies. :(

I do not know what could have caused this. There are so many possible diseases that it would be impossible to say without doing a necropsy on the fish.

Guest golden_goldy93

I'm sorry about your lose. My Black Moor died last week and i still am sad. I wish Ernie could still be there in my tank today. but he can't. :cry1:cry1

Archived