Hale-bop Is A Clutz!

magickzzl

I was watching my goldies this morning. Haily and Hale-Bop were zipping around the tank, racing, with Minerva waddling behind them.. and Shary floating after eating bubble... :rolleyes: anywho, Haily was chasing Bops, when poor Bops glanced their hidey house, hard enough to knudge it. He hovered there for a bit, not really moving, poor baby! and lost a few scales, but nothing bleeding or gushing, just alittle orange skin showing. But Minerva finally cought up with him!

I checked him out and he is missing a few scales on the other side, in about the same spot. No one else is missing scales.... So Im assuming he's just a clutz! poor baby.

He's fine now, their playing tag once again. I really need to set up my other tank... just gatta get the filter and we're set! then they'll have playing room. :) just thought Id share

is there anything i can do to help the scales grow back? i added alittle melefix, just becuase. He's acting normal, dorsle fin up and zippy as ever!

That was a nice story. Hope Hale-bop gets better soon. Don't know of any meds that'll speed healing, but I'm sure the scales will regrow just fine.

I was always worried about my goldfish injuring themselves, so eventually I took out all decorations/driftwood from my tank.

My fish don't play. All my fish do is beg for food. All the time. Even after just eating. :feedme

Slugger

Awe!! poor baby Bops.. :krazy: I often wonder if I should really put the 'faux' driftwood in the tank like I was planning to... it's kinda rough.. maybe I'll just stick with the silk plants I have in there, since I would have to fill the hollow plastic driftwood anyway... why doesn't anyone make FILLED toys?? does nobody know about the dangers of letting still water stay in a tank? <_<

...& there's nothing like a barreling round blimpfish. My calico ryukin used to TAKE OFF after the other fish, albeit slowly. But he was sure hauling!! :rofl:heart He'd barrel-roll around sharp corners..

Archived