Gullet

OldHag

My fish's name is Gullet, that's swedish for Cutie. But I've found out that gullet is also an english word, and I'd like to know what it means. Is it something disgusting? :(:unsure: And what about Buse (Rascal)? Is that english? I know what abuse is...

This is embarrassing!

Guest PenelopeFish

A gullet is a small sack in the upper part of a bird's throat. The bird eats its food, which then enters it's gullet. The sack often bulges out from the neck if it is very full. For many birds, a gullet is a pre-stomach. A bird will eat small stones along with its food. The stones reside in the gullet and grind the food somewhat. A gullet can very obviously be seen on mallard ducks when you feed them bread. As they consume the bread, their necks often look off center as the gullet fills up. Slowly though, their necks return to normal shape when the bread travels to their stomach. A gullet is an evolutionary adaptation that allows birds to collect more food than their stomach can digest at that moment.

PenelopeFish :heart

Ok, thanks! Now I know exactly what it is! :) Maybe my fish has this 'cause she can take several pellets in her mouth! :D

chickens had a gullet, its their stomach. Buse? i cant think of anything it is... Bose is a livestock medicine and an electronics company...

:) nope, nothing gross! i think their cute names!

Archived