My Oranda Has Ich

the ammonia is o the nitrite is 0 the nitrate is 0 the hardness is 50 and the ph is 7.2 once the size of the aquarium is ten gallon with two orandas ( i know its overstocked ) i feed him wardley goldfish flakes every day and do a water change of 50 percent every 2 days when I do a waterchange I add stress coat stress zhmye and ammo lock today he has been lying on the bottom all day and I just noticed he had white spots on him should i move him tho a quarintine if so should i get a filter for help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssse.

thanks in advance.

and he just recovered from swimbladder disorder

I moved him to a 10 gallon quarintine I dont have a filter though i am treating with salt and coppersafe by mardel it said it took a month to treat and no water changes

I moved him to a 10 gallon quarintine I dont have a filter though i am treating with salt and coppersafe by mardel it said it took a month to treat and no water changes

Hi bb - sorry to hear your fish isn't well. If it is ich, it might've be an idea to treat in the tank where he had it otherwise, there's a chance it'll just spread to both tanks :blink:

The easiest solution to getting rid of ich is by salting to 0.3%. So add 1tsp per gallon then repeat in 12 hours and repeat another 12 hours then raise your temp to 78-80 degrees.... If you can, vacuum your gravel to remove any cysts that drop off...

As you now have him in a qt that isn't cycled, you'll need to do 100% waterchanges every day - just try to replace the water with temperature, salt and ph matched water :D . Adding a filter at this stage isn't necessary unless it's a cycled filter so i'd just go with pristine, salted, heated water.

I hope this helps and good luck :D

How long as he been in the q tank? With most ich cases it is best to keep them isolated a full week or two to make sure it is gone.

Archived