Update

Mav

I haven't posted in a while -- life has been chaotic. [moving into new apt., although fish are still w/Mom + Dad, big inspection at work, trip to Vancouver -- see Chatter Box on that one.]

I have continued salting the tank and performing the standard water changes. I think I am seeing the first signs of healing. Most of the fins look like they still did, but not any worse. In a few spots, it appears to be healing, particularly on the fins under his tummy. I cannot swear to this -- I really ought to take pictures every few days to try + tell for sure, but it does look better.

So how long can I keep salting the tank for? I'm using the small dosage suggested in a previous thread about this fish [i think it was 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons], so I don't think there should be any long-term problems...

--Mav

Staying with the salt is the plan. I can't do a water change tonight [going to a community theatre show], but either tomorrow or Saturday, I will do a water change, and scrub at the algae [we've gotten the sun around lately], and do the water tests again, just to check the params.

--Mav

Archived