Lonely

Guest funkyfishy

Guest funkyfishy

we have 1 fancy goldfish named Travis and he is oh so cute :rolleyes: , he seems incredibly happy with all the space to himself but i'm just wondering if goldfish perfer to have a swimming partner to play around with. Thanks in advance :D

Well how big is your tank? That will let you know whether or not having a partner will be good or bad. Keeping in mind the 10 gal per fish rule.

Also depends on how much time you can spend with him, and how much he likes people. He may see you as the rest of his 'pod' and not even think that he is alone in his tank. He may not even be aware he is a fish -- he may think he is a people just like you!

You said he seems outgoing -- if he starts to seem lethargic or depressed [and you know it's not water quality or something like that], maybe you should consider a second fish. In the meantime, just get to know his personality really well first, and that should help in determining that.

--Mav

Guest funkyfishy

our tank is 30 and 34 gallons (don't got the exact on me ...sorry), and we spend alot of time with him, 1 of us is here with him all the time. At this time he seems quite content by himself so if I see any changes i'll consider a friend for him besides us lol :D

Archived