Info On Feeders

Jeana727

:(

I have lost 2 Black Moors......not at the same time, one replaced the other.

I have a big Red Oranda, a red & white Ryukin, 2 small fantails, a cory cat and 4 feeders

I got the feeders when I sat up my new tank to cycle it. Later I added the other fish one here & one there. All were doing fine. But when I added a Black Moor it died within 24 hours. Thinking it must have been sick. I replaced it with another. I found it stuck to the filter.

I read that the feeders might harm the slower Moors! Anyone ever heard of this. if so I'll get rid of the feeders!!!

What do you do with extra fish? I don't have another tank.

Any advice is appreciated

Thanks, Jeana :rolleyes:

feeders are very versatile and very adaptable and hardy. black moor should NOT be placed with fast moving fish in the first place because of their poor eye sight.

as for extra fish... depends on your tank size, how much gallon is the tank?

I would say that "feeders", or commons as they are known as do not do well with moors or any "eye" breeds. They are faster and will often "starve" the other fish by eating all the food. They can be "irritating" to the gentle moors as well.

As for having an extra fish, well there are a couple options. You can take him back to the store or find him a home or buy a tank just for him.

many people use storage tubs to make mini-ponds for fish they dont have tanks for. perhaps that will work.

Hhhhmmmm, I like the storage tub mini pond idea. Where can I get more info on this?

I have 9 comets in rubbermaids at the moment. Its perfect. Goldfish were always meant to be viewed from the top anyhow. I got mine from nnnnnn for $20 CAN. Its a 55 gal. This is where Ill keep all my goldies. But you have to remember that due to the pressure from the water you may have to have support the sides so they do not bow much or at all. And if you have animals that can get into the tubs cut out the middle of the lid and staple mesh in it. If u know what i mean. Then I just use a regular flouresent light and ta da! A great 55gal for your fishies.

:rolleyes:

What a great idea! I'm gonna look into making a portable pond. I can picture some nice potted plants around it & a couple of lawn chairs.

Archived