Help Me

Guest Tanyalovesfishies

Guest Tanyalovesfishies

Hey there, i'm new to the board!

I got 2 goldfish for xmas from a friend, and was sooooooooooooooooooo happy! But yesturday, sadly, one of them died, and the other one looks sooo lonely, will it feel comfortuble if i get another goldfish? or will it still miss the other one? i just keep getting worried it will get really down.

thanks

Guest VxShady

What size tank do you have and what kind of filtration? Do you test the water for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrates?

What do you mean by your fish seems lonely? Whats it doing?

First, what size tank do you have him in? what kind of goldfish is it? because the general rule is that you need about 10 (us) gallons per fancy goldfish, 20 gallons for commons. if you have anything less then a 20 gallon tank, i wouldnt (if their fancys, 40 if their commons).... and definently wouldnt unless you know what the one died of, becuase it may kill your current fish and/or the new one...

Welcome! (sorry if this sounds harsh... I swear im really not mean)

remember, goldies get about 12 inches, and are supposed to live about 20 years :)

Guest Tanyalovesfishies

its a 20 gallon tank, common goldfish, it seems lonely, it just hardly moves, it used to follow the other one around because it only has one eye, but now it kinda, isnt its usual perky self. i don't know all the technical details, but i spoke to my uncle today who keeps goldfishies in a big pond, and he gave me some better dechlorination liquid stuff.

I'm so dumb, thats why i keep blaming myself Courtney, my goldfish, died, i feel like a murderer because knowing me i've done something real bad, but im clean them regularly, and feed them right, and in the morning Courtney was her normal self, bout 3 hours later, she died......

:( sometimes that happens...

instead of getting another goldie, you may get a pair (or 3) of White cloud minnows for friends.. they dont get as big as goldies, but eat the same foods and like the same temps.

have your water tested before adding new fish. make sure the tank is Spik and Span! :)

Guest Tanyalovesfishies
:( sometimes that happens...

instead of getting another goldie, you may get a pair (or 3) of White cloud minnows for friends.. they dont get as big as goldies, but eat the same foods and like the same temps.

have your water tested before adding new fish. make sure the tank is Spik and Span! :)

322902[/snapback]

I definately wanna get anotehr goldie! how and where could i have my water tested? i should of found this site ages ago, then maybe id know more!!

thanks for the help so far people!! :)

the thing is, your tank is to small for another goldie. most pet shops can test your water.. and you should think about getting a test kit for home.

please please consider not getting another goldie, becuase as they grow, it will be bad news for them.

Tanya, I have a fish that is alone and she is very happy. She says hello and dances for me. There have been times when she wasn't but those always ended up having either to do with water quality or some illness. I've learned a lot through koko's. I wouldn't get another fish until you can understand her behavior more clearly. Primarily by getting the water tested. Once you do that, I would post it here and someone will be able to tell you what it all means. It is great that you are here. I am very new myself and let me just say, you will learn a lot and no one here is judgemental about anything. Everyone starts somewhere and the fact that you care enough to post says a ton about you! We all want to help.

Welcome to koko's! I sure hope your little guy perks up soon.

I'm so sorry for fish died. Don't blame yourself. Sometimes it just happens. I do my best and lately I've several fish die.

Like everyone says, so important to test the water. Then you can go from there.

Guest Tanyalovesfishies

T'is ok! got some new stuff for the tank and spoke to person at my local pet shop and she says everything is fine. I got a new goldfish todayand theyare both getting on well!! Thanks for your help guys, will be back sometime xx!!

Guest Tanyalovesfishies

I'l get a tank soon, i just gotta wait til my first pay day as i cant afford one at the mo,lol.

Archived