Last Headcount

Lozbug

as my tropical tank is heavily planted, and the majority of my tank are small tetra - it is hard to keep track of them all.

i noticed the were looking fewer so i did a head count (spent 10 mins looking under stones, wood, plants, filter) and i am definatly missing some.

2 neon tetra (i found 1 dead), 1 black neon tetra, 1 panda cory (su-ling).

:cry1 i fear the worse, that they have died and been eaten.

sorry loz, its a shame when they go but some tropicals just die without an obvious reason. how does the tests pan out for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph. did you have any fluctuations in anything? :(

no everything steady up to last week, this weeks test is due at weekend but i shall do another today just to make sure.

just tested, all seems fine, nitrate is a bit higher than ideal but i seem to have the same problem in GF tank. Possilby our water here, it's very soft if that makes a difference?

tropicals like soft water but goldies prefer hard, thats why i had so much trouble with my goldies as i have really soft water too.

• 2 weeks later...

:( So sorry about your fishs, its really sad lossing them.I remember

once a very long time ago,i had a small tropical fish and i couldn't find it and in the end the poor thing was dead and got sucked up the filter and didn't

find the boddy until i cleaned the filter... and back then (when i didn't

know much about tanks/fish) i would clean my filter every 1 or 2 months...

I hope you feel better soon :hug

Archived