Declorinator

I dont get on much as Im at a loss for comp time. But I needed an answer for this one. On the bottle of declorinator it says 5ml/10gallons to rid chlorine and 5 ml/5 gallons to rid clorimines. Does this mean that since my water has clorimes i need 15 ml/10 gallons or just 5 or 10. Please help!!! I just bought a 2 liter jug and need to know. Thanx

Hi, cometgoldielover! The way I read it, you need 1 ml per gallon of the dechlor you are using to get rid of the chloramines. So that would be 10 ml for 10 gallons (U.S.). It generally doesn't hurt to use a little more dechlor, though. HTH!

Yes I would use the higher amount. We know that it is still safe in that range.

I use Prime as my water conditioner and you can easily double the dose.

i double dosed on my dechole a few times with no problems. if it has a "bio coating" to help the slime coat (like stress coat) just keep the airation up, becuase if you overdose TO much, it can take out some of the oxygen.

but i have never had that problem at home... only at work when we SUPER dosed because SOMEONE dumped bleach in the tanks... (Grrrr... I can understand if you hate a pershop, but dont murder the animals..... especially when we actually take care of ours.)

Archived