What Can You Do So Your Fish Wont Be Scared Of You

Guest Esareh

Guest Esareh

when ever I go in my room I look at my fish and they just flee. They go crazy like thier scared of me. One of them, flash, ive had a little over a month. he hides too. Sushi, Spazz, and Hershie ive had for about 2 weeks. what can i do so they wont hate me?

Guest lenny165

Maybe they don't see people to much and they haven't become familiar with who feeds them. Move them out where there's more movement around. They will actually get exited to see you. Same thing happened to my sister but she was never home so I took them and there fine. Good Luck

Repetition and stability. ;)

Utilize a timer for the lights. Set the lights to come on 20 minutes after sunrise or a few minutes after the lights in the room are turned on in the morning.

Feed them at the same times every day. A little after the lights come on and an hour or two before the lights go out. No more than they can eat within 5 minutes.

When you enter the room (or anyone) they should enter slowly. The door should not swing open rapidly nor should it be slammed.

Do not make any loud thumps or noises in the room. Thumps and whatnot travel VERY well through water and it can/will scare them. They will quickly associate you with scary noises and abropt movements.

For the first few weeks or months, you cantry to feed them little tiny amounts throughout the day. Do this whenever you come into the room (slowly, of course). I mean, don't go crazy with it and try to do it minutes apart from each other. Be very careful that you only feed tiny amounts as they will just keep eating and eating wich can cause many problems. After a while, they WILL associate you with goodies and come scrambling to meet you as soon as you appear.

Again, repetition and stability are key. After a while, they'll warm up to you, you just have to give it time......... ;)

Hope this helps.

Paul

I had the same problem with my goldies but they finally started getting used to me. After using all the good suggestions(many of which I used myself) give it time. You dont kiss a person minutes after meeting them(hope not!) Anyhow my goldies r now eating right out of my hand and even come up to the syphon to check it itll feed them too. So good luck.

my guys used to do that... dont worry, they'll come around... now i cant get rid of them while im gravel vacuming!!! XD

Archived