How Do You Lover Nitrites?

Guest Esareh

Guest Esareh

My nitrites are WAAAY to high. what to do? I cant change the water, it wouldnt help. the water in my house is high in nitrites and nitrates. Do I use salt or what? Any help would be appreciated. Im all ears.:listen:

EDIT: I have nitrasorb but my filter is too small. even in the big tank.

• Admin

Im confused hun are you talking about nitrites or Nitrates.....These are two differents the reason Im confused is that you mention nirtasorb. This stuff only takes out nitrates not nitrites?

Guest Esareh

Im talking about nitrites. I didnt know what nitrasorb absorbed, i thought it got rid of both. Im wondering what i can do to lower the nitrite level in my tank. The water in my house like from the sink or the fridge (my fridge has a thing in the door) is high in nitrites so a water change wont help.

So how much nitrIte in your tank and in your tap water.

I'd add salt at 1 teaspoon per gallon of water. predissolve in tank water and make sure it disperses well when you add it. Be sure to use non-salt with no other additives. NitrIte is toxic. It enters thru the gills and binds up the red blood cells keeping them from being able to carry oxygen. Salt helps protect against nitrIte poisoning because it competes with nitrIte for uptake thru the gills.

Archived