Problem With Eggs

I got a bunch of snails from my LFS for free. They came in with their delivery of plants and they were about to throw them anyway.

They're around 4mm in diameter. Really small. I have 5 of them and after around 5 days in their tank, i found it literally covered in eggs! They put their eggs in a transparent sack so could see through them. Now that they're starting to hatch, how do i take care of them. Mind you, the newly hatch snails are smaller than ants!!! They're all over the place. I guess they're around 100 as of now and not all have hatched. What do i do?

:rolleyes: Run for Cover????? :peeka:lol: Just kidding of course! Baby snails will eat the same things as the older snails. Hve you figured out what kind they are yet? You will have these guys for a long time you know,because they never stop producing! You cna put semi-cooked Zucchinni/cukecumbers,most green leafy veggies-Kale etc. They'll also eat fish food/Shrimp pellets/algae wafers/pretty much the same stuff that your fish would eat. You should see my snails suck up a mouth of Bloodworms! :lol:

:rofl:krazy: good one!

I don't know what they're called but they're pretty small and i've got around 100 babies so far. Darn! They're eating pellets and some veggies now and doing great. They grow really fast. I'll transfer them to my goldfish tank as soon as they grow bigger. :D

:rolleyes: Don't know if you realize it or not,but your goldfish will help keep them under control.They will eat any they stumble on,or that fit into their mouths! :o:lol: I have Ramshorns that mass produce every day or so it seems!Thank god the goldies eat them too,or I'd really have a problem!

The biggest problems for snails are water quality.If your Params are off,your snails will be the first one to tell you. ;)

Is it ok if my fish eat my snails? Wouldn't it hurt them?

Will they still eat the snail even if their shells get very hard? Coz my snails are still small that my goldfish can still fit them into their mouths.

if the snails are too big, and if you have the guts to do it, you can crush their shells and drop them ino the tank...the goldies will grab em right up

Archived