Grrr

so get this....I was feeding my big girls today, and I noticed the glass canopy over thier tank looked kinda icky, so I moved the light and took it off to clean...

I had it sittin up on the floor leaning on my desk, and somehow, I moved the rug under it and it fallls....

smashes right into my 20 gal on the bottom of the stand!!!!!!!

the whole front glass shattered out, 20 gals of water gushed EVERYWHERE!!! the 2 lil fish came sloshing out, floppin all over the rug....gravel and plants everywhere....

OMG, I cried so hard......WHy me?!?!?! :cry

I'm so sorry! It's okay, accidents happen. It wasn't your fault. I had about five gallons of water spill on my hardwood floor when I was filling up my tank, but I know that's not nearly as bad. I know your fish don't blame you. I know I'm no consolation, but it's truly not the end of the world, and everything will turn out all right.

Guest PenelopeFish

I'm guessing your fishies were alright? I am really sorry to hear about your accident. I would have cried too, if it had happened to me... :cry1

Guest VxShady

Thats horrible I'm so sorry!! Are your fishys okay? I can't imagine that happening to me. Don't feel so bad though things like that happen.

*hugs* It wasn't your fault, and accidents happen! So I wouldn't blame myself, if I were you. I'm now going to tell you two stories, both which are related to yours.

1. When I was very little (like maybe 6 or 7), I used to clean my fish bowl (back when I had no idea that tanks were better and bowls were terrible, or maybe it was that the tank was too expesive? Well anyway, I had a bowl) by taking the bowl, and everything in it (including fish) and bringing it to the big sink i have in the washroom. So I brought it there and I netted the two fish (Rose and Daisy) and placed them each in a jug, that had been sitting for two days. Then I washed the bowl and rinised all the decorations and carefully poured the jugs in the bowl and the fish too. I was bringing the bowl back to my room and I was carrying it and it slipped right before I was going to set it down on my dresser. I have a concreate floor and you could guess what happened. I smashed to smitherns, water gushed everywhere, and the two fish flopped around in the broken glass and quickly moving away water. I didn't really think, but crying I quickly scooped up the two fish in my hands and ran to the wash room, where just a miute before had filled up the jugs again with water (luckily) and I dumped those fish right in their jugs. Ad anyway, I cleaned it up and Rose and Daisy did have cuts and scrapes but they healed.

2. Now this was just a month ago or maybe two weeks or something like that. And MY mom hit my aquarium with a metal bar. Of course it cracked! It's broken, and I had to go out and get a new 20 gal. for my fish.

OMGoodness :blink: ...are you okay? Are your fish okay??????

I'm sure it was a mess to clean up, but as long as you and your girls are okay that's the main thing. These kind of accidents happen.

Maybe you can look at it as an opportunity to get a bigger tank?? :))

yup, like raith said, the fish are fine, just quiet today and missing some scales...geve them some melafix, theyre chillin in a 10 gal now....

LOL...I want another big tank....no convinceing mom though...errr...

thnx for all the well wishes tho!!! my carpet is still squinchy...

How horrible, I am pleased to hear the fish survived. What a mess, I can't imagine.

You poor thing, I hope you are able to replace it soon.

the bottom of my 55 broke out and i lost my old fishes... 2 lived through the ordeal, but died later in tubs... :( i know how you feel... (my big boy fred was sliced right downt he middle.. it was horrifying)

dont blame yourself.... and good luck convicing your mom to get a new tank... i just now was able to convince my dad to let me get a 40... and he's still skeptical.....

Archived