Chinese Pleco

Guest MindyLuz05

Guest MindyLuz05

I recently got a chinese pleco for my 10 gallon aquarium with my one goldfish. Just wanted to make sure that he is compatible and if there are any special things I need to do to take care of it. You can see pictures at

ChinesePleco1

And

ChinesePleco2

He's really cute!

Thanks for any help!

- Mindy

Yes they are compatible, another name for them is the Hillstream Loach. They prefer fast currents although that isn't necessary as some goldies don't like fast currents. You can enrich it's diet with vegetables and he might like some wood in his diet as other plecos do. Hope you enjoy it, they are really neat fish.

Your second picture looks like some that I have called hong kong plecos. These are a docile pleco with what appears to have many names...butterfly loaches, , hilstream loaches and I think I have also read where they were referred to as butterfly plecos. Apparently it depends on the fish store as to what they are called :lol: .

I have 5 in with my goldies an they have never bothered each other. They are not really that good with the algea, but they are neat to look at.

Archived