Got A Tank And Fish For Grandparents

Guest calico4

Guest calico4

Today I got my grandparents (grandma's birthday) a tank :fishtank and 2 commons( i think) They are like 1 in. each. :bighug They liked it alot. :hi5 It is soo cool. :fishtank:rockon

-calico

That is awesome. :) Are you going to be caring for the fish, or are you going to teach your Grandparents? I think it would be the neatest thing to teach your Grandparents about fish keeping. Good luck! :)

Guest lenny165

I'm 63 and my grandaughter who lives with me dragged a fish from a carnival home after visiting her friend in another state, she actually carried it home on an airplane. That was a year ago and I was not happy#@$%#%we put it in a bowl and he was so happy to see me each morning that I got him two friends 2 little no wen ranchu's then her science teacher threw two more at her after an experiment :angry: so i graduated to a 10gal then you all let me know that was not big enough so now I have a 20 and they all greet me each morning because it sits on my counter. Now I love the fish who knew. Since a todler we now have a 14 year old cat 9year old dog 2 dwarf hamsters and now my wonderful fish. I'm in animal heaven, sometimes find them more wonderful than humans.

Guest PenelopeFish

She carried them over in an airplane? Wow, I didn't think that was allowed! Those are some flying fish, eh?

PenelopeFish :heart

Guest lenny165

I didn't know they would let them on either she came off with this little fish and a happy smiley face, and I wasn't happy because I end up caring for them. And I never really got this thing with fish but I get it now there wonderful to watch, there always happy to see you and there relaxing while I run around the kitchen. Then I found all you guys and you informed me on fish caring. What funnnnnnnn

Guest calico4

Yeah they do. I am going to teach them how to care for them. When i come to their house i am going to clean it. I got a glo in the dark blue plant in there.

-calico

Guest lenny165
Yeah they do. I am going to teach them how to care for them. When i come to their house i am going to clean it. I got a glo in the dark blue plant in there.

-calico

322031[/snapback]

That was a really cool gift to get your grandparents, they'll always think of you when they look at them and this will keep them busy gooooo going. :newfish

:) That was so sweet of you to get them fish,and thank goodness they were happy about it.Now all you have to do is teach them a little about computer's and get them signed up on the forum! :lol: They can use "User names Like"Gramps & Grammie Calico"! :yeah: Wouldn't that be something?

Goldfish are always a great present in my book for birthdays. Thats awsome that you did that for them. I bet they love watching them swim around. Its soo peaceful to me. Even when im an old lady, im still going to have goldfish.

For my neices birthday two years back, I bought her a tank and a goldfish. I got her an orange veiltail. I taught her how to take care of the fish, what to look for (this was when she was 5) and everything. She still has that fish too! Im suprised. She takes such good care of it.

As for my nephew (my other sisters kid), I got him a fish tank for his birthday once, and spent alot of money getting it all set up, and getting him fish, and I even drove over there to help with water changes and everything (he was turning 6). After I spent over $100 on this tank and fish, my sister ended up buying him frogs to go in there with the fish. Well, she had no idea how to take care of them, and they died, and my sister blamed it on the fish, and flushed them! Very sad.... I was pretty ticked off about that one. The tank is now sitting in their garage.

:( That would have ticked me off too.So many people think nothing of killing a fish/Goldfish.It's truly sad.I think I'd be asking for the tank back too. :rolleyes: I don't know,there's just something scarey about a tank sitting empty! :ignore:rofl

Guest calico4

That is sad. I did tell my grandpa about this site. :) I think they know what they are doing. ( my grandma told me that whne she was little she had a goldfish, so i think she knows what she is doing because she was suggesting things when i was setting it up.

-calico

Yep, there is something scary about an empty tank. :peeka It goes against the grain, like having a chocolate cake on the bench and not eating it! :lol:

I also agree that sometimes our pets are more wonderful than humans. Animals just love unconditionally and are non-judgemental. It's nice to be loved. :heart

Guest golden_goldy93

That's is so nice that you gave them a fish for your gramma's birthday.

You are so sweet, Jeremy. I do hope that they take care of it 'because an empty tank is an empty heart.'

Goldfish are always a great present in my book for birthdays.

323576[/snapback]

working in a petstore, I disagree... often people getting them dont WANT to own a fish... just like looking at them, and they end up "Living in the river" or being flushed :(

but for a fish person, its a good gift. unless its like one poor lady.. her friends got her an oscar for her tetra tank.... she was REALLY peaved because they just tossed him in there... and now she's stuck with an oscar she hates and no tetras...

yeah, i know...... empty tanks are horrible! I could put that tank to good use!

Everytime ive asked for the tank back, or even mentioned it, she throws a hissy, and says shes been promising the kids more fish..... but she never ends up getting them any. Im tempted to drive down there sometime, and just take it as I leave. She would never notice!

I think shes mad at me though, because I had two ADFs, and my nephew had really wanted more (after I bought him two, and they died because my sister didnt listen to me on the proper care, and then she blamed the little fish he had in there, which was a lie!). Well, I had no more room for them, and was trying to find them a good home. Well my neice that I had set up a goldie tank for for her birthday a few years back I knew would take good care of them, so i gave them to here (and shes had them for months now, and their doing great!). Well, shes mad about it, because how dare I give them to someone besides her.... LOL. I wanted them to live, not be flushed because she was tierd of them.

:) Can't blame you on that one Jessica.I would have done the same thing myself.I guess your sister will just have to "get over it" :rolleyes: I think the next time I was there,I'd take the tank with me.She has alot she needs to learn before she should be allowed to have a fishtank! :lol:

Yeah I know. See the whole reason why I got it was for her son (my nephew). He loves animals, and his mom (my sister) hates them! She agreed to me getting him the fish, and I was even going over there to help him test the water, and do water changes... she didnt have to mess with the thing, I did everything. I thought it would be fun thing for me and him to do together, and would teach him some responsibility, and over time, he would learn how to take care of them (and then maybe I would have someone else in the family to enjoy fish keeping as much as I do). But after he got his ADF's, and then they died, my nephew was soo upset. I told him it was ok, and what he needed to do next time, and why they died, and his mom argued with me, and said the little fish picked on them, and killed them. I know thats not true. She just didnt like the fish I got him. i know that for a fact, because she was saying how ugly they were, and only salt waters were pretty..... she just hates animals, thats all. She wont even touch my cat because its dirty.

Im just gonna go over there sometime, grab it and leave.... maybe even when shes gone one day....

maybe you could ask her if you could set him up a tank at YOUR house! thats what we did with my cousins and their chickens. they each have a chicken, but they live at my house. they can some over and fed them, hold them, etc. i send them eggs and take pictures.. and my poor aunts never have to do a thing. just a thought.

my sister is the same way about animals, unless its her pygmy goats or her preciose pony... (evil little monster horse-thing attacks my poor sheepies!)

Archived