Fry Photo

Fishmerised

Here is a pic of the 2 fry I got at the lfs. They are approximately 10 weeks old and 2cm in body length. I will try to do updates to show how they grow.

The glass pebbles in the tank are about the size of regular marbles.

post-2549-1114826058_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1114826132_thumb.jpg

post-2549-1114826564_thumb.jpg

Hi Dean. The black and white fish is a panda moore or panda telescope, both names are correct. Her name is Pandagirl and she used to be mainly black with only a little bit of white. Colour changes with black markings is very usual and sometimes disappointing but I like her the way she is now. :)

The third one was double the size Anette.  It died a few days ago - it wasn't good when I got it, poor thing.

321646[/snapback]

Oh, I'm so sorry. But those two are really cute, will be fun to watch them grow!

goldfish fry are sooo cute. I have one right now in my tank and it's 1/10th the size of the rest of the fish. Such a little hog too...

Your fry are so cute. I can wait for updates

• 2 weeks later...
Guest yabbie

Mine are 11 weeks old and they're a third of the size of yours and colourless!

I must be a bad fish parent.

Not necessarily Yabbie. My guys had the dubious benefit of being raised by experienced fish hatchers. They probably having feeding and culling all down to a fine art so the product at the lfs is the cream of the batch. These guys look nice and could have easily been grown to sell as pets - I guess it all depends on the market, supply and demand.

Actually, when I think about it these were probably the final cull. Most of the feeders were bronze, only a few were gold - probably netted in error.

Guest truffles

awww they are cute! i have two fry, but mine arnt getting very big, they are 7 and 1/2 weeks old now. i sure liked seeing yours! truffles. :D

:D What cute little buggers Anette! I remember last year when I got those 12 week? old fry from Oranda man..They grew so fast!!! In fact,Marmalade has never stopped! She tops out at just about 8 inches,all grown in a year!!!! :yikes:lol: Good luck with them!

OMGoodness!! 8" in a year! What are you feeding them? Sounds like you're on to a winner.

My gold fry hasn't grown much since the photos but my bronze one has - just goes to show they are all different.

OMGoodness!! 8" in a year! What are you feeding them? Sounds like you're on to a winner.

:yeah: Double Cheeseburger's with the works!!!! :ignore:rofl Nah seriously Marmalade eats like a cow! Lots of Pro Gold,Veggies,Seaweed,Shrimp pellets.etc...She just eats hers,and everyone elses!!! :lol: Chewy the Poor Cana Snail has lost an inch on her snaily waist because she can't get a hold of the food quick enough. I have two other babies that came with her.I guess one is around 5-6 inches,and the other is 4-5 inches,so yeah,they are all different!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Dean.  The black and white fish is a panda moore or panda telescope, both names are correct.  Her name is Pandagirl and she used to be mainly black with only a little bit of white.  Colour changes with black markings is very usual and sometimes disappointing but I like her the way she is now.  :)

321694[/snapback]

i saw a breeding pair of panda orandas for ?10 each they were very pretty but mom said "no more fish!" cute fry i have some at the moment i started with 20 and i have 17 left there a week old now and boy do they grow fast! i didnt think fish shops would sell fish so small! they look fragile :o

My gold fry died about 2 weeks after the photo. I noticed he wasn't getting any bigger then noticed he was spitting his food out.

I moved the silver fry into my 20g where he/she is going strong, but the gold fry just stopped eating and would cruise around the surface all day. Poor little thing, don't know why it happened.

Archived