The Ole Tank Shuffle ...

Fishmerised

Well, I moved Pepe and Finrot out to the pond yesterday and that left some room in the 30g previously known as "Garion's Fast Tank". I decided that from this time forward it shall be known as "The Pearlscale Tank". I brought Queenie II inside because she was the only pearlscale in the pond and was the target of the occasional nip and chase. I also moved 2 smaller pearlscales to join her, Speckles and Pearly. One of my small orandas was showing very aggressive breeding behaviour and breeding stars so he was moved to the 40g known as "The Boisterous Boys". I am now overstocked by one fish in the 40g but the oranda is too small for the pond and the other "boisterous boys" are my babies and staying inside. The 2 moores are growing huge but if I put them outside I won't see them because of the black colour of the pond.

That's all. Oh, Garion was excited because his "evil" teacher moved him to sit next to his best friend J.J. I told Garion if I was a teacher I'd be moving the kids all the time. "Now - you go and join the boisterous boys in the corner, no more chasing and nipping please." :rofl

I agree...move the kids every day! Keep them guessing :D

The tank shuffle sounds pretty good. I was wondering when you moved Pepe and Finrot if you were going to miss have them inside. But it sounds like you doing ok! :lol:

How is preschool going for Henry?

:lol: Too Funny! I also have been thinking about moving fish around...You have more guts than I do though,and more reason I may say.I'm not having any particular problems,I just think certain fish would be better in Specific tanks, I always have this theory though,-"If it's not broke ,don't fix it".I've heard of so many people doing this & fish getting sick,that I'm afraid to go for it.In your case it's different.If I were having those issues-I'd probably go the same route. I haven't noticed Annette,but have you stuck to your Not buying any New fish ? You've done really well with getting the pond and all.I'm so sure that you'll have less illness & be able to actually enjoy the little Bugger's so much more! :yeah:

Oh Devs, I wondered who would be the first to notice. :peeka I'm embarrassed, you don't want to know!

Well, now I guess I have to 'fess up. But before I am labelled for the weak willed, compulsive/impulsive person that I am, I will just let everyone know: I h-a-v-e t-h-e r-o-o-m t-o k-e-e-p t-h-e-m n-o-w !!! (was that loud enough? :D )

New additions to the family include :

a) 2 goldfish fry around 10-12 weeks old. I had to save them from the axolotyle at the lfs.

B) 2 chocolate pom-poms (medium about 2" in body length)

c) calico/blue shubunkin (medium about 3" in body length)

d) red/orange nymph (medium/large about 4" in body length)

e) blue telescope (medium about 2" in body length) if he had a double tail I'd have myself a blue moore!

f) small calico telescope (1" body length)

g) small calico ruykin (less than 1" in body length)

h) small blue/olive pearlscale (1" in body length)

So that makes a total of 10 including my fry. I'm sooo wicked. :idont

Your right about tank shuffling Devs, there is always a risk. My little Silvery has been sick for 6 weeks after I handled him and moved him. He started bleeding at the gills and pectorals. He will come good, then bleed again, then come good, etc. I think it must be hyperplasma, some damage I caused his gills. :(

Wow! Very nice fish! That oranda is gorgeous. What a fantastic pond, I love it! What a great setup. I'm totally envious! :) (And all John's statues would look great in an aquarium too. Is that a big Buddha I see there? *hint, hint* ;) )

I've also just seen your two little ones in the breeding forum. Wow, they are going to be totaly awesome when they get bigger, their tails already look long already.

PS. I like your name for the Boisterous Boy tank. It's essential equipment isn't it? I'm so glad I separated my males from the girls. It just calms everything down and makes it a more enjoyable experience. :)

PPS. What exactly is your number (d) there? I don't think I've ever heard of a nymph goldfish?

There was a thread on nymphs last week. No photos of text book types though and the outcome was divided.

The nymphs we sell look just like comets except they are stockier, heavier build and sometimes longer tails.

Jsrtist states they should have rounder, shorter bodies with a single tail (sort of single tail fantail), I guess mine could be described that way too.

Someone else said they were often the offspring of veiltails that don't cut the grade. I'll post a pic of mine, he is the most amazing red colour, sort of neon glowing red. I call him Flame.

I've become paranoid of breaking the 10g rule. I'm sort of vodooed out and feel if I overstock something will happen but if I keep the rule it's like a charm.

Consequently I moved Bubbles from the Boisterous Boys 40g into the pond today. Bubbles is a medium/large black moore with a longer, stockier body and short tail. He is reminiscent of the original english moore who reputation as a pond fish rivals that of commons and comets. As I imagined it is almost impossible to see him unless he is at the top and right under my nose! B)

nb. The Boisterous Boys Tank was born of necessity during an episode of extreme, rough breeding activity. Not all the males are in there (of course) only the most rambuctuous ones.

Archived