My Goldfish's Wen Has A White Discoloration

Guest IluvMyBuddy

Guest IluvMyBuddy

I'm always away during the weekend and my roommate is usually the one to feed Buddy while i'm gone..when i came back, i noticed Buddy's wen had some white color between the creases...he doesn't seem to be sick and he's acting like his usual self...so i do'nt think it's hurting him...Is this a sign that Buddy is growing?? I bought him at vvvv about a month ago...and i believe he's 1-2 years old...he's about the size of the palm of my hand.

Here are a couple pictures of my Blue Oranda with white on his wen.... it's just growth areas. Usually it appears and then wen growth (subtle) follows. There are sometimes even "whitehead" like spots in the creases of his wen at times. (not breeding stars) If you're fish looks like this... it's normal. No worries.

Please note that on his cheeks you will see breeding stars. Not the "whitehead" spots.

Barbra

blues_white_spot.jpg

blue2.jpg

Guest IluvMyBuddy

Barbra44,

thank you SO MUCH for the photos. That's almost exactly how my Buddy's wen looks like right now! I dont have to stress out anymore...

Does anyone know how to explain a red line going across his body from head to tail? it's on both sides of his body..

a thin red line looks sorta like under his scales.but then it also looks sorta like holes...

No problem for the photos. It's actually a question that I see pop up here and there and I always keep the pictures just for this question if I see it.

As for your 2nd health question... I really don't know. You should repost this in the treatment/disease section and you'd get a faster response.

Devs... thanks! Blue likes you too

Barbra

Barbra

• Admin

Are you talking about like the line that is going down the side of this fish?

If so that is the lateral line of the fish :D

post-1-1114919008_thumb.jpg

Guest IluvMyBuddy

koko!

thank you! that's almost exactly how it looks like!! i was afraid it was some parasite that was feeding off my fish!!

Archived