Cespo9330 breeding question

Guest cespo9330

Guest cespo9330

can somone please give some advice/help... i have two ordands, to which i thought were both males.... up until two weeks ago. as you might have guest... they spawned! my problem is, the babies have since hatched. it will be two weeks on sunday. they stay in two big clusters in the bottom of the tank (10 gallon). they do move around and swim slightly, but not all over the tank... as the impression i got. i'm feeding them a liquid fry food that was suggested to me from the pest store. so my question... is this normal behavior - for them to just hang at the bottom of the tank?

thanks

Guest elge8

:welcome

I think you my of got more help if you started a new thread but I will try to help. Are the fry in a tank on their own (they need to be really or they will more than likely get eaten) also, they should be in no more than 6 inches of water as the pressure of the water can kill them. I have never had a problem with them staying at the bottom of the tank, however the majority of them tend to stick to one side of the tank, maybe there's too much water in there. Mine only go to the bottom to look for food that may have got down their becaue the little piggies didn't eat it fast enough. Hope this help a bit , any more questions please ask

ive had experience with flukes making adult fish sit on the bottom but the babies usually just die. i would use some aquarium salt (not table salt) at 3% concentration. add 1 tablespoon per gal of water and add every 12 hours for 3 applications. if its not flukes then it protects them from them, and ich and other such critters we dont want and helps them breathe easier AND reduces the toxicity of nitrites if there are any. i had no luck with liquifry at all. they avoided it and the ones that did eat it didnt gain any weight at all and their growth was severely stunted. if you can get to the fish shop, if you can find any brine shrimp eggs you can feed them to the babies or you could try your hand at hatching them out. the fry gain weight so quickly on those and its so simple, i swear by them. do you have any test kits for the water? that can help us if we know what the ammonia, nitrite and pH are. i read something about keeping the fry in small volumes of water making them 'bottom dwellers' but i think you have plenty of water in there. as elge said, no more than 6".

best of luck!

:D

Archived