Broken Light Or Broken Fixture...

Desiree

sorry for the reposting but:

my boyfriend knocked over the light fixture for my new tank. so now, when i turn the light on it just flashes on then off again. do you think the fixture is broken or just the bulb? i would imagine if it was just the bulb it wouldnt turn on at all.... please advise! thanks!

Hmmm, thats kinda hard to say.

First, put some pressure on the bulb (hold securely) with your hand and try turning it on. if no go then remove the tube and check and see if the white can-shaped knob is screwed in tightly.

Next, inspect the bulb and see if the 4 little prongs are not loosened any. If one or more are loose, you can easily re-secure it by adding a spot of solder (got a soldering gun handy?) to the base of the loose ones.

If this still does not get the bulb to stay on, you might have to open it up and see if all the wires are still connected properly. Check to see if anything has broken off or anything that seems out of wack.

If after all of that, you still cannot get the light to stay on, your bulb might be shot out. Go ahead and bring your lighting fixture in to your local pet shop. There, you should be able test it to see if a new bulb is all that is needed.

Hope this helps! :D

Any luck figuring it out?

I'm pretty good with wiring, lightnig fixtures and schematics and I'm pretty positive that its a rather simple thing to fix if a new bulb wont work in it. Lemme know and i'll see if I can't save you some cash............. ;)

Archived