New Bubble Eye..some ?s

Guest Ianthe

Guest Ianthe
:newfish Last night i FINALLY got my Bubble eye that i have been wanting forever. :D He is VERY cute...bright orang and white, and came home to my 55 gallon with a Black and white Oranda, an orange and white Lionhead, and a small orange and black comet. I have had goldfish for a long time (my lionhead is about 7) but I have never had a bubble eye...I noticed when I got him home that one of his bubbles is a teeny bit smaller than the other. Is this normal, or is he sick?? What should I do for him? And is there anything special, in the way of food/care I need to be aware of to help him grow up healthy? So far he is eating well and getting along great with the rest of my fish...even the lionhead, (my biggest fish) who is baseball sized! (the bubble eye is only about 2 inches) :)

your bubble eye is still very young, and most times the bubbles arnt perfect, often uneven, so dont worry about it they will probable even up, but no your bubble eye is fine not sick at all, i hope you enjoy him cos they are very friendly sweet fish.

Bubble eyes need help when you feed then. Because of their bubbles their vision is very limited. You may need to make sure the bubble eye is hand fed so you can make sure he gets his share. Or you can get a big net and net him during feeding. Also you need to watch out for him because he is with much faster fish like your comet. Other fish can pop the bubbles one playing. Also you want to make sure you have no sharp plastic plants or tank ortaments that could pop it's bubble.

Guest Ianthe

Thanks. I'll keep making sure he gets enough food. All of my plants are silk, and I don't hae any sharp decorations, so I hope he'll do OK...if, heaven forbid, one of his bubbles gets popped at some point, what should I do?? Is this fatal??

Guest Morten33

Hello there new BubbleEye owner!!! :rockon

I am also a BubbleEyes owner; I have three and no other fish yet.

Yes, if a bubble pops, it will grow back but it won?t be the same size as the other one. One of mine was like that when got him and it hasn't changed. Another one just has a slight difference. But as others said, that doesn?t mean anything is wrong with them at all.

And just watch a few times while feeding, you may not have to hand feed. But you will be able to tell or not. Two of mine swim fine and fast for their kind. And have NO trouble finding food. But I do have one that is not as fast, I normally just stick my hand in there or the turkey baster I use to suck out the poop and just kind of nudge her in the direction of the food.

One thing I will warn you about. This is something I have never heard about, and have yet to find any information about. Watch for cloudiness in the bubbles. Notice how now you can see threw them? If they start getting cloudy, begin a salt treatment RIGHT away! My Sofi's bubbles started getting cloudy, and then within 2 days I could not see threw them at all. I finally found someone on this site that suggested salting the tank. This has helped clear up the bubbles, but she now has clumps of stuff in her bubbles that I don't think will ever go away. Below I will post a pic of her so you can see what I mean. And a couple pics of my other BubbleEyes.

Other than that enjoy your new fish! I LOVE BubbleEyes! They are such happy friendly fish!

Sofia

PrettyGirl.jpg

MortNug1.jpg

Archived