Fish Show Tomorrow!

Black Moorio

Yay, the 45th Anual Missouri Aquarium Society Aquarium Show! I entered my red capped oranda, Frenchie, whos picture is below. Tomorrow after school my dad is taking me to set up! I will be posting results as they happen. Pictues, ect.

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2065.jpg

frenchiedrawing005.jpg

Gorgeous fish, Black Moorio! How old is she and long have you had her? Best of luck in the show!

HOw did I learn about fish....my dad, who is a vet, took a class in Georiga BC (before children) about aquariology. It was also the lead aquariologist in the United States. So he knows all the science. I had been obsessed with fish since I was little, and had a few tanks that we threw togeather when i was in the early school eyars. Last year I got a 2.5 gallon fish tank for Christmans and learned all of the species of goldfish and then it became a hobby. Before I know it i have 4 tanks in my room!

I've had Frenchie since Febuary 2004. She is my oldest fish and has survived ordeals with bad tank quality, canibalistic goldfish who ripped apart Coal and Hershey allive! (they were allive and ripped apart) and now she is settled in a ten gallon with three (yes three, but they are fine in there) small goldies and a cory cat.

I'm also entering a photo of my clown loach, BoBo (picture of entry below). Thanks guys!

IMG_2084.jpg

Okay, its Friday morning, I think I heard a little bit about the show on the news, EEE! I'm eating breakfast and I have to go to school though. We moved Frenchie into the 2.5 gallon tank that we are showing her in. I'll be onlater tonight! :D

Black Moorio that is sooo exciting !!!! I'm on tenderhooks waiting for any news. What catergories are you entering Frenchie and BoBo in? Wish we had an show like that but I've never heard of one.

Gee, I'm sorry to hear about Coal and Hershey, their names ring a bell but I missed that story (maybe I was away). Were the canibal fish new fish to the tank? Perhaps they had been starved, sometimes fish stores only feed subsistence amounts to minimise cleaning.

Oh! I forgot that was this weekend!! I tried to work out a visit to St. Louis but alas it was not in the cards. Is this a yearly show? If it is, maybe I can talk my husband into a little family visit and squeeze in a visit to the show as well next year.

I loved hearing about how you got into fish. That's how biology was for me. My mother is a long time lover of science and nature and it rubbed off on me. I think that's why I love fish. There's so much science involved and their environments are such a delicate balance just like all other ecosystems. It's all so fascinating!! Your dad sounds like a very interesting guy and your parents sound very supportive of your interests. You are very blessed to have such an awesome family.

Good luck. I can't wait until Monday to hear how things went.

Okay, guys. Thanks for your support! And yes this is a yearly show. I just got back from setting up, all is well. And I'm not entering BoBo, its a picture of BoBo. Tomorrow the real show begins.

There was this one guy who had like 15 entries! :blink: I had to help him get the tanks out of his car. It was CRAZY! I'll be posting tomorrow night after the 9:30 lights off aquarium viewing. It only has the tank lights on. it is gunna be sweeeeeet.

Oh ya, I entered frenchie in the goldfish class, and the pic of BoBo in the picture class. There is a first, second, and third for each class and one best junior entry. There is also the peoples award, where they vote. If you are up there, vote for little Frenchie!!!!

Guest lenny165

How big is this show I'v never heard of one either. Goooood Luck, tell us all about it, what do they base there decisions on how she looks,....how old I have no idea. I got a bigger tank because the "group' said 5 fish even tho small were to many for a 10 gallon tank so now I have a 20 and they look lost, especially the no eye one but she gets right in there and fights for her food. Tough little girl she is. Can't wait for your news.

its Saturday morning, I just woke up. *sigh* I have to wait for mydad to get off work so we can go up there. We are also spending the day with a friend of mine who is also obsessed with fish. My dad gets off in 3 hours. I cant wait! :D

Archived