I Knew I Was A Fish Geek When..

EatBubbles

Tee hee, I can visualise you so clearly. :rofl

I'm sorry you lost your fish - a bad case of ich is horrible, all these other nasties decide to join in the fray as well. I hope your UV Steriliser does the trick.

We have all had those "moments" when we realize we have crossed over to "gf geek-ism". Mine was when I bought a 46 gal bow front tank to accomidate 2 new fish I wanted.

Yes we have all been there................"Welcome to the dark side, Luke". :rofl

Guest IluvMyBuddy
:rolleyes: hahahaha i know what you mean!! i just got my first goldfish about a month ago and ever since it got ick i got obsessed! I didn't sleep at all that night when i found out my Buddy was ill....my friends think i'm crazy! haha I baby talk to my fish before i feed him and when i come back home over the weekends...yes...i have been diagnosed with gf-geek-ism...

Hahaha...i am so with all of you on this! I come home and step over my dog to go baby talk my fish! and I tell htem good night and good morning, and just kind of grunt at anyone else who tries to talk to me before 7Am!!

I'm addicted as well, and talk about my fish so much I'm losing some of my friends. Everyone I know never asks me about how my day went because it always involves something to do with my fish. My family, who trys to remain supportive of me and my goldfish hobby, is so used to my fish jabber they can completely tune me out.

i feel ya roano!!!! mom was so extrodinarily happy when I got my drivers license cuz she didnt have to cart me to the LFS all the tiem for fishy stuff!!! she was like "take the ole shoe leather express!!!" and she was serious!!! :D

Yeah, Smack; the remaining number of my friends can't wait to get their driver's license so they can go places with their friends; me, I just want to be able to drive to the fish store whenever I want.

Hahaha...i am so with all of you on this!  I come home and step over my dog to go baby talk my fish!  and I tell htem good night and good morning, and just kind of grunt at anyone else who tries to talk to me before 7Am!!

321117[/snapback]

:exactly

Hahaha...i am so with all of you on this!  I come home and step over my dog to go baby talk my fish!  and I tell htem good night and good morning, and just kind of grunt at anyone else who tries to talk to me before 7Am!!

321117[/snapback]

Oh that is me to a tee, especially the baby talk and grunting. :rofl

I knew I was a fish geek ... 100% fish geek when I was calling my family the first time I won "goldfish of the week".  HAHAHA

321123[/snapback]

I show all visitors the Koko's Goldfish Album and proudly point out my Cutie Pie. I can tell some people don't think that fancy gf are cute at all, they screw up their faces and privately think I'm nuts. (lets just humour her, nod and smile a lot :crazy: ).

My name is Andrea and I am a fishaholic....

I knew it as soon as my boss started making the geek glasses (inverted ok with both hands over the eyes) as I talked about the nitrogen cycle and how I was losing sleep over the ammonia level in my tank.

Then my father in law laughed at me and told me he just kept buying new fish to replace them as they died! I seriously had to restrain myself.

The icing on the cake was when I nearly got sick because I was so upset over the rampant neglect in the goldie tanks at my nnnnnn. I never noticed it until I got my fish and found kokos. That's when I knew a fish would never be "just" a fish to me again. And I am glad.

I :heart goldfish and I am proud of it! :D

Archived