Hello

akk0415

I just love reading about everyone here so I decided to add myself to the roster.

Here is me.

I am a 34 year old wife and mother. That's my daughter Emily. Isn't she beautiful?! She is my girl! I was born and raised in St. Louis, MO but currently reside in Dallas, TX. I moved here to make more money, hit the jackpot and met my hubby. So, here I stay. I've been here since 1996. I work full time and spend too much of it here at kokos. Oops. Hope my boss doesn't see this. :D I love to read, mostly forensic fiction but I like other kinds of books too. I just found fish earlier this year. I was one of those people that put 3 commons in a 1 gallon tank. I came to koko's looking for help. Unfortunately, they didn't make it as you can imagine. But then I found Spring my black moor :heart and I learned a lot. Unfortunately, she is alone in her little 10 gallon tank but I feel better knowing she will be well. I love to spend time with her. The fishy addiction then led me to acquire Taj, my betta at work, and finally Winter, my betta at home. They are pretty cool little dudes. Someday I want a big tank with huge goldies like everyone here. But for now, I will love the one I have. Thanks to everyone who has helped me and thanks koko, for giving me people to talk to who don't think I am nuts. :exactly

post-5518-1114718108_thumb.jpg

Hi Andrea, I luv the photo of you and Emily, she's so cute. What are those flowers?

Spring will be fine alone, from my experience with moors they are rambuctious fish and of course they like company - just to show 'em who's boss. :lol: I've kept different fish alone from time to time for different reasons and honestly I think they do fine. They will certainly interact with you a lot more.

Nice to meet you and look forward to seeing your around.

Those are bluebonnets. Aren't they pretty? They are the Texas state flower. They grow along the highways and in fields here in the spring. Texans love to take pictures of their loved ones in fields of bluebonnets. Many families have walls full of their yearly bluebonnet pictures. I gotta admit, now that I have Emily, they do make for wonderful memories and Em actually would get angry if I drove anywhere and we didn't see any. It was hard on both of us when they went away this year. :D

oops. I forgot to mention that I have a cat named Holly who is very old and very fat. People generally laugh out loud when they meet her but I think she is beautiful. And I have a black lab named Emo who is the sweetest dog in the world. The poor cat and dog have been somewhat neglected since the arrival of Spring with all the water changes.

I noticed Holly and Elmo in your signature - all you need now to complete your managerie is some feathered friends! :lol:

What a lovely Texan tradition, bluebonnet family portraits. I haven't seen any flower like that except the scottish thistle but I couldn't imagine sitting in a field of thistles would make for a nice photo! Ouch.

:D Welcome Andrea!!! I also love the Blue Bonnet Pic.You and Emily look great sitting in the midst of them!I have 4 Black Moor's myself,so I know how you feel about Spring. I'm noticing a pattern here, A fish named Winter,a fish named Spring...Looks like you need at least two more fish for Summer & Fall! :ignore:lol: Good to see you posting...Enjoy yourself! :exactly

Thanks everyone! I certainly do need more fish. But I need to wait a while and let the hubby settle down. I am always in conflict though. My heart really wants an Oranda or even another black moor for Spring to play with (and me too) but my brain knows it would not be healthy for either fish.

I can't take credit for the fish names. That was all my daughter. The day we got Spring she was curious about the blooms on the Bradford Pear trees here. I told her spring was here. She must have been still thinking about it when we left the pet store because that's what she named her. Winter got his name as soon as my daughter saw him. She just looked in and said, "Hello Winter" like they were old friends.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Andrea - nice to meet you! What a lovely picture!

I have a mildly reluctant hubby :pan (on the fish thing)- PM me anytime you want to vent! :lol2 We can dream up new ways to sneak stuff in :hide: !

Glad you found your way to Koko's!

PS - Being a lover of all cats, I know yours is very beautiful! (Mine is mad right now becasue he is jealous of all the time I am spending on the fish... maybe that's hubby's problem, too)?!

Archived